Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Bestfriend is flirting with me

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bestfriend is flirting with me
G.Herrera
Neophyte
Member # 80512

Icon 4 posted      Profile for G.Herrera     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my bestfriend keeps flirting with me but I have a boyfriend and she knows that so how do I tell her to stop without hurting her feelings ? [Confused]
Posts: 6 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I feel like that's not a lot of information for me to go on, here.

Maybe give us some kind of an idea of what you mean by flirting, and if your best friend knows this is something she's doing?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skippablue
Neophyte
Member # 39406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skippablue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A lot of this boils down to communication issues. First of all, what is your definition of flirting? What is your best friend's definition of flirting? If you two are not on the same page, things can be very confusing. She may just be showing affection or being playful in a way that you interpret as flirting. Either way, if it makes you uncomfortable, you should tell her. A good way to approach many situations, including this one, is with humor or a casual tone. It make the whole thing a lot less confrontational and easier to talk about. Try not to attack her or blame her. Ask her what her actions mean and what her intentions are. She may have underlying feelings, or she may just be joking around. Basically, just create a safe environment where you can both discuss how one another feels about the flirting.
Posts: 14 | From: DC | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.