Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Huge explosive fight with my family

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Huge explosive fight with my family
EauDbedroomDancing
Neophyte
Member # 70608

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EauDbedroomDancing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, I have my two parents, and two younger siblings. I get this thing where when I watch scary movies earlier in the day, I get freaked out and feel sick, so I basically stay up all night in the living room. Well my brother wanted to do the same, but my mom said "no" because he's too noisy. He threw a fit because I could stay up and he couldn't. So my mom told me I can't either...basically to avoid a fight with my brother. I tried explaining to my mom how I was feeling, but she just yelled and told me to shut up and go to my room.

We started arguing for a long time. She just yelled over me (I never raised my voice once). Then my dad came in and started yelling too. She called me a bitch and many other things that I don't even remember.

They both started yelling about how I'm selfish and my dad called me disgusting. They wouldn't let me talk, and my mom started going in my room and taking things that are important to me away from me. I finally broke down and told them how much I hate them and that I'm going to move out. I want SO badly to move out, and I know there are lots of people that would let me stay with them. Anywhere's better than here.

My dad said he'd put me in a juvenile detention center if I tried to leave. I'll be 17 next month. Can he do that? I really want to leave my house. I'm so done with my family and I just need to get away from here. How can I leave my house without getting thrown in a juvenile detention center?

--------------------
"My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day..."

Posts: 34 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.