Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » I don't know what's going on

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I don't know what's going on
AponiKanti
Activist
Member # 48252

Icon 9 posted      Profile for AponiKanti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm 19, soon to be 20 and my boyfriend and I have been dating for nearly two years. I still love him very much, still care for him and his wellbeing and he still cares for me. I'm afraid that something is wrong with me though. Lately I've been feeling disconnected and, for lack of better phrasing, empty. I'm not sure what's going on, I have a history of depression and I've been experiencing health problems recently and the summer is causing issues with us being able to see each other and spend time together. I can't get past this sense that something's been stolen from me, and that it's him. Could it just be that my depression is coming back and I'm panicking and over reacting? I don't want to lose him or our relationship because of this weird feeling that he's not...in my heart for lack of better terming. Like, he's still there, but something is wrong, and it's not him. I don't know, but I feel like I need to tell someone and get some reassurance that I'm just crazy and should calm down.
Posts: 95 | From: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you see someone -- a mental healthcare provider -- for your depression?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67076 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AponiKanti
Activist
Member # 48252

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AponiKanti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no i don't but i do have an antidepressant. I have other health problems, so it's too expensive to see a therapist right now
Posts: 95 | From: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brennan
Activist
Member # 72864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brennan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I currently take anti-depressants and know what it's like to be on the wrong one -- things seem a bit off... Not really WRONG, because you're still not DEPRESSED, per se, but just OFF.

I suggest you talk to your doctor about other medications / different dosages that might help you solve your problems. [Smile]

Posts: 48 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djuna
Activist
Member # 29269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djuna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brennan, it's really not sound to attempt to assess someone medically over the internet. There is nothing like enough evidence here to suggest AponiKanti's prescription needs changing.

That said, by all means talk to your doctor about your options if you want to, AponiKanti. Too, you've said in posts before that you're in college - is that still the case? A lot of colleges offer counselling for free, which is really super awesome and might be a good fit for you if you're stretched financially. [Smile]

--------------------
“In a strange room, before you are emptied for sleep, what are you. And when you are filled with sleep you never were. I don’t know what I am. I don’t know if I am or not... how often have I lain beneath rain on a strange roof, thinking of home.”

Posts: 1269 | From: London, UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AponiKanti
Activist
Member # 48252

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AponiKanti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, i know the medicine isn't the problem. to be honest i hate taking medicines, but i know my current one does work, i just don't always take it anymore because i've been on it for a while. as far as college goes, i'm at an online school and don't really enjoy phone conversations

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.