Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Confused

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Confused
rldove13
Activist
Member # 49305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rldove13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been with my boyfriend for the last few months and whenever we hang out we end up doing something sexual. Which is fine by me, but whenever we do something I always go first (he does something to me) and then its his turn (I do something to him). Usually we stop after this and just chill, but if we start to do something again I'm not always into it, but I get roped into it anyway. Something I feel like I let my bf do basically wants to do to me. I don't know what to do...should I stay in the relationship or not?

--------------------
Thanks so much!
Becca

Posts: 136 | From: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Coercion is never ok. You should only be doing activities you want to do, and never just "letting" him do what he wants TO you. Have you told him how you are feeling about this?

You can always leave the relationship for any reason you want. If you feel that the dynamic of this relationship is not going to change, that is certainly your prerogative.

[ 08-01-2011, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: KatWA ]

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 876 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SilverLining
Activist
Member # 72701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SilverLining     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly I think this is more about preference than something else. Does it upset you that it feels like as if he can do whatever he wants?

When you say that you normally just get roped into things, do you mean you do it even though you don't really want to or as in he gets you aroused and you go along with it?

Is everything else in the relationship satisfying with you?

Could you explain why you would think this is a deal breaker to make you think about breaking up with him so we can understand a bit more where your coming from?

--------------------
SilverLining 2012

Posts: 97 | From: Lost along in the Caribbean... | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rldove13
Activist
Member # 49305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rldove13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No I have not told him yet. Yes that is usually what happens he gets me aroused and I just go along with it, but sometimes I just get annoyed with him keep asking me to do something do I just do it.

--------------------
Thanks so much!
Becca

Posts: 136 | From: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SilverLining
Activist
Member # 72701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SilverLining     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, well now I understand a bit more [Smile] thank you for clearing that up. What I suggest before you turn to ending the relationship then is to actually talk to him about it. Since you say normally when your alone it turns sexual, sit across from him rather than next to him and adress the matter.

Tell him what you feel when something like that does happen and exain to him why your upset with the matter. He should have common sense to know you are not his "plaything" or anything like that that he can make you do whatever he wants.

Im suggesting these things assuming you DO want to keep this relationship btw; maybe you could start something simple; if he tries to play around with you and you don't want to; just simply say no. You don't have to do anything you don't want to; and tell him if he's pressuring you into doing things you don't want to then this relationship isn't working out for you because it's making you think twice about the relationship between you both.

--------------------
SilverLining 2012

Posts: 97 | From: Lost along in the Caribbean... | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rldove13
Activist
Member # 49305

Thank you [Smile]

--------------------
Thanks so much!
Becca

SilverLining
Activist
Member # 72701

Your welcome RR4ever, glad
I could help you [Smile]

--------------------
SilverLining 2012

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.