Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » i feel like my boyfriend doesn't take our realtionship seriously

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i feel like my boyfriend doesn't take our realtionship seriously
livngliferight95
Neophyte
Member # 74004

Icon 1 posted      Profile for livngliferight95     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ive been dating my boyfriend for a while and when we hangout he doesnt start conversations or even kiss me..and i say i love u first all the time i feel like he should be able to say first i just feel like he doesnt care about the realtionship enough to take it seriously..
Posts: 5 | From: maryland | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi livngliferight, have you discussed your feelings about this with him?

[ 08-01-2011, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: KatWA ]

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 876 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SilverLining
Activist
Member # 72701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SilverLining     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey livingliferight95

Have you brought up any of this up with him?
Basically your upset that he hasn't ever made the first move with you or that he just doesn't pay attention to you in general right?

Could you clarify more what exactly what's bothering you or what he's doing more specifically to hurt your feelings in this situation?

Honestly I think this is a situation where you just need to get alone with him and tell him what's bothering you. I have personally seen relationships like this end simply because the female partner felt like she was putting all the effort into being romantic in the relationship.

Maybe you could ask him if something is bothering him from making the first move, weather it's kissing or just plain acting like a couple with you.

I have another question; is it just in public or is it the same even when both of you are alone?

--------------------
SilverLining 2012

Posts: 97 | From: Lost along in the Caribbean... | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
livngliferight95
Neophyte
Member # 74004

Icon 1 posted      Profile for livngliferight95     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
we dont hangout in public i mean people know we are together everyone knows it just idk we just dont hangout in public.. his grandmother says she doesnt like the way he treats me
Posts: 5 | From: maryland | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
livngliferight95
Neophyte
Member # 74004

and things are kinda sketchy cuz we are going through a pregnancy scare right now and idk what to do
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sure, but that doesn't mean you can't talk about this. if anything, I'd say that makes it all the more crucial right now.

So, have you talked about any of this with him?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
livngliferight95
Neophyte
Member # 74004

yeah and he doesnt really listen i mean he has his moments where hes great but then he just changes idk.. im just really worried i could be pregnant
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, when you try and have these talks with him, does he seem to care about your feelings? Does he talk with you to try and work out why you're feeling mistreated and how anything he does or doesn't do may be part of that?

If you are concerned you could be pregnant, then you'll want to take a pregnancy test. If it's only been less than five days since a risk, and you do not want to become pregnant, you can radically reduce your risk with emergency contraception.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
livngliferight95
Neophyte
Member # 74004

well we talked and he bought me roses randomly and he is sooo much nicer and more sweet like he a complete different boy
omi1505
Neophyte
Member # 76095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for omi1505     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
maybe he does not take your relationship seriously....you should try to speak to him...

--------------------
omi1505

Posts: 2 | From: India | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
omi1505
Neophyte
Member # 76095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for omi1505     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
seriously....ask him whether he is still interested in you.......

--------------------
omi1505

Posts: 2 | From: India | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.