Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » when is petty aurguing not petty aurguing anymore...more aggressive?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: when is petty aurguing not petty aurguing anymore...more aggressive?
Pixiie
Activist
Member # 53705

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Pixiie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
me and my bf have been having more disagreements than god times lately, and ive noticed a change in his attitude towards me. He used to be so sweet and understanding and always believed in nipping a problem in the butt in the most calm way. but lately wen we aurgue he claps his hands at me shh-es me and gets into the defensive stance and makes loud aurging scenes in the hallways and outside. Now im more hesitant than ever to come to him wen i have an issue or something that i need to be changed within our relationship for it to work better. Idk wat to do its like it take 3 hours of aurging for him to finally come to me and say ur right and i totally agree...where did this change in him come from? is this good and if not what should i do?

--------------------
Pixiee

Posts: 59 | From: brooklyn | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can not tell you where his changes could be coming from. What I can tell you, from what you have written, is that this does not sound like a healthy relationship anymore. It also sounds like it is escalating physically too; so I highly suggest that you be extra aware of this where you are around him as he seems to be less predicable.
You can try asking him general things such as how work/school is going and have there been any changes, as well as the same about his friends and family. These things may help open the door towards finding out what has changed with him. Do you know his friends or family well enough to talk with them too? Beyond this, I don’t have any other suggestions for you; hopefully someone else may have more insight.
Right now the best things I can suggest is to do what you feel is best for you with this relationship and protect yourself physically in case things escalate.

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.