Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » dont know how to feel

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: dont know how to feel
clm1994
Activist
Member # 58992

Icon 2 posted      Profile for clm1994     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So me and my boyfriend have been in a serious relationship for a little over a year now and we are very close and open with each other. We are currently juniors in high school and are starting to look foward to college. my mom brought up the other day that we should probably break up before college so we can have a "real" college experience and meet new people. The idea of this made me a little upset though. We love each other very much and we have been through a lot together and the idea of doing this scares me. Although she has a point to not be "tied down" and date different people, I dont know if I'd like to do this. She said we could always get back together after college if we want but we should at least date other people. I have had other boyfriends but nothing like this. I dont know if i should bring this concern up to by boyfriend or just wait til the time comes. Also, is it stupid to not take my mom's advice about this? She makes it sound like I should listen to her but what if we dont get back together after college? What if he finds someone else? I just dont know how to feel about it. Is it stupid I think we could be together forever even though I'm only a teenager? [Frown]
Posts: 52 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
May Day
Activist
Member # 39174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for May Day     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what an odd "logic". I can see why ending a relationship could make things easier for you both, for example: going to different parts of the country and trying a LDR can be a lot of work and if it doesn't work it can be very painful. It might be easier for you both emotionally to end things before then. But "should" end things just to experience a "real" college experience (what's that then?)? that sounds.. pretty daft to me.
Posts: 172 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.