Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » PDA...in the car?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PDA...in the car?
Catty
Neophyte
Member # 60073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a bit embarrassing, but here goes:
My boyfriend and I have been caught by police twice, for making out in my car.

However, both times, the only thing we were doing was making out. No sex, no clothes off, nothing like that.

The first time, we were in the middle of a movie theater parking lot. Granted, we weren't around any other cars, and the sun hadn't set yet so we were pretty conspicuous, but we figured it would be easy for us to see if anyone was coming. However, we still got distracted enough for us not to notice the policeman walking to the car door. He proceeded to make us get out, give my bf a pat down, and interrogate us separately at opposite ends of the car. He asked if I had any illegal substances in the car, to which I said no, and then asked if he could check to make sure (now I realize that he shouldn't have done that without a warrant, but I didn't want to cause trouble, so I let him). Eventually, he let us go with a warning, but I was mortified for a few days afterward.

The second time wasn't so bad; it was in the parking garage of the local mall. We had stayed there twice before without getting caught, but this time, we were barely there five minutes when a mall cop drove up. We noticed in time to make it seem like we were just sitting and talking, but the cop still came up to us and told us to get in the mall or leave.

Anyway, my question is this: Is there anywhere in the city where cops can't kick you out for making out in the car? Or should we just not do anything in the car altogether? We're both in high school, so we can't just go back to his house or something, and he isn't very comfortable with actual PDA, like in a park or something.

Posts: 8 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flippo
Neophyte
Member # 60699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flippo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I have been having this problem lately too! It is pretty embarrassing but mostly just frustrating. I don't really have a good solution but maybe try parking somewhere where there's a lot of parked cars but not a lot of people walking around, so you can just kind of blend in? I don't know. It's really hard. But just know that you're not the only ones with this problem.
Posts: 31 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alaskagirl16
Activist
Member # 47895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alaskagirl16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My ex and I got caught just a few weeks ago in the parking lot at one of the middle schools here. It was suspicious looking (it was 12:30 am) but he was really chill about it. He just ran our ID's and told us that the school grounds closed at 12. He then told us to "go be teenagers somewhere else." It was slightly embarassing but all police officers know that teenagers don't have the privacy needed to be intimate if they want to be. Most will just give you a warning, thats all. It can be awkward but as long as you aren't caught having sex you cant get in trouble.
Posts: 63 | From: America | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.