Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Rejection complex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rejection complex
Destinee Carols
Activist
Member # 54626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Destinee Carols     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm...tired, and I want someone to say this to, I guess, which is why I'm posting it.

I may have acquired a minor rejection complex of sorts. (Firstly, is that a real thing? I tried Googling it with surprisingly few results. Perhaps I'm naming it incorrectly.) My subconscious seems to be convinced sometimes that my boyfriend will leave me for no particular reason and without giving me a reason. Logically I know he won't, and I know being stressed can easily let those sorts of impressions through, and I think I know why I feel the way I do.

My previously best friend, because of a variety off issues, finally stopped talking to me because he felt it was for the better. I have less issues over that than over the fact that he did not tell me why until I asked him; he just stopped talking to me. It was rather jarring considering that we had thought of each other as best friends - it was mutual - and we talked about everything, even a lot of very difficult stuff between us.

I think my mind figures that if someone who knew me that well thinks it was okay to leave me (which was okay, as it probably IS healthier that we talk less) without having the decency to tell me, well, how much easier would it be for a boyfriend/friend I've only known well for less than half a year?

Again, a lot of it is probably cause-reaction but also not necessarily logical when I know my boyfriend won't leave. I've told him about this after my friend suggested I express it, and my boyfriend's reassured me time and again that he loves me and is here for me. I just need to get these feelings off my chest once in a while... [Smile]

Posts: 89 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear you talking more about abandonment than about rejection: you're expressing fears that people will just up and leave you.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67055 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Destinee Carols
Activist
Member # 54626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Destinee Carols     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's probably a much better word, yeah. [Razz]
Posts: 89 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.