Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Fails and Flops

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fails and Flops
sweet_thing
Activist
Member # 52326

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweet_thing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I couldn't find this topic anywhere, and I thought it might be an interesting one to bring up. Did you ever have a moment where things just didn't go the way you had intended? Ever made plans the whole day for an awesome night, and then had them fall through? Or got super excited and ready to be with someone and have them not be in the mood, be busy, etc.?

One day I had had my boyfriend on my mind the entire day. I hadn't seen much of him the day before, and I wasn't going to see him until later that night. I fantasized and planned the whole day for our meeting that night, and by the time the evening rolled around, I was itching to get my hands on him. [Wink] I wore pretty plain clothes, but dressed up in my sexiest lingerie underneath. I was feeling so sexy and awesome, and was so excited to see him. And everything seemed fine when he said I could drop by.

But when I got there he was in the grumpiest mood, stressed from the whole day and all of the work he had coming up. We sat around and watched tv instead, and he kinda kept to himself. I tried dropping hints here and there to see if he was at all interested, but it was no use. I asked him if he was in the mood at all, and he said no and that he was sorry.

The night still turned out nice. We laid around and relaxed, and just talked for hours. Don't get me wrong, I was fine with him not wanting to do anything, and I love that I'm with a guy who's sensitive and human (as we all are). But i was still quite a bit frustrated for a little bit, and a little sad that I had planned the whole day for a night that didn't go by those plans.

I guess sometimes we just have to save those plans for another day and make the most of the situations we're given.

So anyone else ever have a moment like that?

Posts: 55 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Often. I mean, seriously, I don't think I have enough digits on my body to count the number of times that's happened in my life.

And yep: it's always a total bummer, but I think the more you experience how often it happens, the better we get at dealing with it and not feeling too let down.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Animica
Activist
Member # 44734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Animica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Same. It's happened quite a few times. And sometimes, it's not even our (my boyfriend's and mine) fault. This one time, we'd been planning to go to a restaurant for months, and the day we were going to, a bunch of things happened. We were dressed up and ready, but in the end, we had to go to a place we weren't really fancying that day. It didn't turn out to be bad, it's just that all the excitement went down the drain and it was kind of dull. On the flip side, we did get to go to the restaurant some other day, and it wasn't bad at all. [Smile]

I'm the type of person who gets easily let down, but like Heather said, you learn to deal with it a little more each time it happens.

Posts: 132 | From: La La Land | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Destinee Carols
Activist
Member # 54626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Destinee Carols     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happens quite frequently to me. Not the best experiences, since it tends to throw me into a funk for the rest of the day. [Razz] Working on that.

Happens with both plans with my boyfriend and other plans, but the boyfriend ones usually hit me harder than the others...logically and rationally I know that usually it's not the fault of either of us and that things just don't always work out, but try telling that to the emotional part of my brain. >_>

Posts: 89 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.