Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » So far, so good. One minor problem.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So far, so good. One minor problem.
Love to love
Activist
Member # 45991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Love to love     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alright so three weeks ago this sunday I met a guy. We've been none stop talking for these three weeks, we hung out for the first time last weekend. Well he's really busy with work and I understand that, and when the weekend comes around he has plans, and then at the last minute will ask me to hang and then just say nevermind. I'm pretty sure he's interested in me, by the things he's said; by the way we talk all the time; how he kissed me when we hung out. I'm usually always the one to ask to hang out, and he usually says he has plans - but he still seems interested in talking. He'll text me, he'll say the sweetest things and I really enjoy talking to him, its just frustrating to not see him and be the only one asking to hang out.

I'm not sure what to do, I'm really interested in him so I'm not just going to give up, but it's starting to make me feel bad that I ask to hang out he says maybe, and then just says no he can't. Maybe I'm just being a girl and over thinking it because it's only been a week. But I've litereally have had my heart broken over and over since september and I'm just afraid of that happening again.. Especially because I'm the one doing all the work to hang.

How do I address the hanging out better? Should I just make him do all the work? I feel like I might be caught up more then I should be in whatever we have going on. [Razz]

Posts: 115 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tigerfishy
Neophyte
Member # 55292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tigerfishy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe you should plan something in advance. If you're asking "Can we hang out tomorrow?" that could be too short of notice. So try something like, on Saturday say "Can we hang out next Saturday?"

But also, give it some time. You've only known him for a little while, and like I said, try asking for further in advance. You're new in his life, and he's going to want to spend time with his other friends and whatnot. I'm sure he'll start spending more time with you. =)

--------------------
I'm not a professional, just a peer. But I will provide the best, most honest advice I can.

Posts: 16 | From: Oregon | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Love to love
Activist
Member # 45991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Love to love     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do thats the problem I asked him about a week in advanced but ya [Razz]

I know and I'm really understanding about him having other plans and what not, I think I was just being silly when I posted this; like over thinking way too much. [Razz]

Posts: 115 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.