Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » What to do for a nervous crush on V-Day

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What to do for a nervous crush on V-Day
HumanTeddyBear
Neophyte
Member # 34046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HumanTeddyBear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I'm in the "talking to" stage with a girl. We've been hanging out a little, nothing major. We mostly just sit on the couch and watch episodes of shows or movie interests that we share. Thing is, i really like her and want to do something for her for V-Day. Ok, I don't want to do anything too big because, after all we're not dating and there is still the possibility of her just flat-out rejecting me if I take things to the next level.

Here's the thing. We interact on facebook a lot and she's definitely more flirty on there than in person. She is noticeably very nervous around me. While i could already tell myself, my roommate confirmed this and pointed out that he's convinced it's because she really likes me yet has no idea what to say to me without being in the confines of the cyberworld. I've been trying to drop hints to her that I like her but they seem to go over her head.

Therefore, I want to do something for her that says, "I really like you. You don't have to be nervous about me." Also she's been putting status updates and crap about how she's going to be alone on valentine's day again. So, how do I say "I want to be with you on V-day" without it looking like pity?

So, what do I do for a girl whom I really like yet is nervous around me and currently a little down on being single? What can I do under an extremely limited budget and also not too elaborate due to the possibility of rejection? I'm open to all suggestions.

Also, I'm 23 and she's 19. I'm a 5th year senior in college while she's a freshman. I don't know if that changes anything but it'll help you understand the circumstances a little more.

Posts: 28 | From: DC | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about asking her to a movie and a "coffee house" type place. I would also suggest a simple, sweet card too. It is at least worth a try.

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.