Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Parents...yay.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Parents...yay.
guitarhero001
Neophyte
Member # 40134

Icon 11 posted      Profile for guitarhero001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, so I'm 18 and my girlfriend and I want to go to my vacation house together in a few weeks. One problem: I need to convince my parents. Her parents will be cool about it, but mine are way more conservative. I think I need to tell them we are having sex and that she is on the pill, and to show them we are smart about it. But I'm not too sure what to do yet. I also kinda do want to tell them anyway just to put it out there and to tell them anyway and show them that we are always being responsible about it.

Thanks! [Cool]

Posts: 20 | From: MA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coralee
Peer Ambassador
Member # 43628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coralee         Edit/Delete Post 
Since you are 18, in my opinion it is not always necessary to tell your parents everything you are doing in your relationship (unless you want to, of course). If you feel like telling your parents that you and your gf are having sex, it makes sense to do exactly what you said: say that you guys are using birth control and are acting responsible.

Also, even if your gf is on the pill, the pill doesn't protect from STI's. It's best to also use condoms and/or dental dams and get regularly tested for STI's as well.

Posts: 143 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
guitarhero001
Neophyte
Member # 40134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guitarhero001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yea we have both been tested and stuff and its all good. But thanks so much!
Posts: 20 | From: MA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.