Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Mr. Right?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mr. Right?
shyNnaive
Neophyte
Member # 52210

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shyNnaive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm dating the PERFECT boyfriend. He is 100% understanding of everything I do. However, the other night he asked out of curiousity if I would ever give him a blowjob. Of course if I say no he will be completely understanding and fine with that decision but I would feel kind of like I was letting him down. The problem is, I just don't know if I am ready yet to do that. What should I do?
Posts: 3 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you don't know if you're ready, the you know you're not ready. When we're ready, we feel ready.

It sounds to me like as of right now, your answer to that question is "I don't know, I just know I don't feel ready now. I can tell you if and when I do think I'm feeling ready."

And that's an answer anyone who cares about you and who is healthy in your relationship should accept and respect.

It might help you to feel better about this is you recognize that no one -- no one at all -- is perfect. Not him, and not you. If you have it in your head he is, by all means, you're going to be putting a lot of pressure on yourself sometimes that isn't likely to be helpful, and that also isn't warranted since nobody is perfect. Know what I mean?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JosephineBhaer
Neophyte
Member # 52262

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JosephineBhaer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heather is absolutely right. And if you're very curious and you want to try, you are free to decide if you want to do it again or not. You shouldn't do anything that makes you feel uncomfortable. Never.

Don't worry, everything will be fine.

Posts: 23 | From: Mexico | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.