Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » So what?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So what?
Ste-Funnie
Activist
Member # 50934

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Ste-Funnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So far, I've only dated autistics. The first one was moderately autistic. He had asperges. He came to my house and would bring videos and wouldn't even ask me what I wanna watch. Also he didn't like being touched and didn't wanna kiss me. After we broke up I decided that I don't wanna date any other autistics. I don't date people who won't let me even touch them. It's bad enough no kissing but not one touch is a foul! Not only that, also b/c I wanted to live in the real world. Just b/c I'm autistic it doesn't mean I should only date autistics. My mom accused me of being prejudice against autism. Considering the fact that it's worse to be prejudice against something when you have it too. Like Hitler, who was prejudice against people who aren't blonde and blue eyed and he wasn't like that either. More importantly, who I date is my choice and everyone has a type. Some people are more interested in hispanics, or maybe people who are mildly retarded, or overweight etc. Even my mom can't make me date someone I don't want. I mean, it's not what she was doing, but if I was going to date an autistic, I'd rather date someone who has P.D.D. and super high functioned. Like me. Obviously if it's a girl. I'm a lesbian now, but if I liked guys still, I wouldn't date any autistic guy whatsoever. But I don't but I'd rather date people who are at least around my IQ. That's just me. [Smile]

--------------------
~Stephanie Gabriella Murray
I'm very gay for being a lesbian, and not gay to be what I'm not

Posts: 251 | From: Long Island | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Britster
Activist
Member # 48970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Britster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Certainly who you date is your choice. From my understanding, it is perfectly okay to acknowledge preferences and to wish to date only certain types of people as long as the motivation is right. Wanting to date a certain type because of attraction, desires (like wanting a relationship where there is not a problem with touching), etc. is very different than not wanting to date people because of prejudice. It seems to me that the reason you prefer not to get romantically involved with people with autism is because of the complications that brings, not because of some bias against such people.
Posts: 89 | From: United States | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Ste-Funnie, I'm a little confused about what your post is about -- what are you looking for our input on? It's certainly an interesting topic, and you've made some interesting and good points, but I couldn't figure out what question you had for us. I think Heather has mentioned to you before about giving a clear question/making a thread open for other people's input. Could you try rephrasing this one in a way that makes it more open to discussion, or makes your question clearer, please? Thank you [Smile]
Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ste-Funnie
Activist
Member # 50934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ste-Funnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Onionpie: My post was about me being mad that my mom had to accuse me of being prejudice. I hate when people call me prejudice, sexist, racist, sizest, etc. b/c the truth is I am not and have never been nor do I ever wanna be. I'm a good girl.

--------------------

Posts: 251 | From: Long Island | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ste-Funnie
Activist
Member # 50934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ste-Funnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, Onionpie, I felt like my mom was telling who to date.

--------------------

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.