Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » No boyfriend

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: No boyfriend
Member # 50327

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Skyee98     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 13 and I have'nt had a boyfriend yet. I wouldn't say I was ugly, but I'm the the prettiest in my grade. I play sports and im pretty socialable. All my friends had boyfriends except me. Ive never even beenm asked out! Usally I think a boy likes me, like this one ime when my crush got really close, we sat beside each other in all the classes, he walked me home nearly all the time. I thought he might have liked me. I didnt come on desprete just as a friend. Is this bad? Then my
friend asked him on facebook did he like me and he said no. It really hurt me. And this time there is another boy. We went to kindergraden and we are closeish. Our lockers are beside each other and we always talk and laugh and at lunch break we hang out ( with my friend but I know he doesn't like her) And we laugh and he picks on me ( I heard this good) nothing big just small things. But someone told me he doesn't like me. What am I doing wrong? I'm a turning into one of the boys?

Posts: 1 | From: WA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know why you'd ask if you're turning into one of the boys.

It's actually fairly common for people your age not to be dating yet, around the world, even if in your circle of friends, it's more typical to be dating.

Because you haven't yet doesn't mean there is anything wrong with you, nor is it a reflection on what you look like or your gender.

Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 34415

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TonicTwelve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a couple of weeks away from sixteen and I have never had a boyfriend (or girlfriend) either. Nor have I ever been asked out. Many, but not all of my friends have had boyfriends at some stage. I would rather wait for someone I genuinely like and enjoy the company of then to go out with someone I really have no interest in, just so I can say I have.

As for prettiness, would you really want to date someone who is only dating you for how you look? I know I wouldn't want to be around someone who I know is only around me because of what I look like.

I don't think that there is any desperate hurry to date, at least not for me. I don't know your situation well enough to speak for you. But if you really want to go out with someone, why don't you ask them? It must be a relief for guys to get the pressure taken off them on that front sometimes! I know it's easy to say and not so easy to do (I'm really shy around new people, so I know what it's like on that front), but if you want a relationship that badly then I think it would be great if you were comfortable communicating within that relationship, and asking him out would be a good start on that front.

As you can read, I'm not especially experienced in this area, these are just my opinions and thoughts from being in a similar situation. I hope it helped at least somewhat!

Posts: 61 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 38162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mojango     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 22 and just had my first relationship a few months ago! It only lasted a month or two (her mom kind of set us up) but it was still a good experience. But in general dating or relationships just haven't been part of my life so much. I've been so caught up in everything else. I'm graduating college next semester so it's still bad timing.

It is definitely not necessary for you to be in a relationship right now or dating and you shouldn't feel pressured just because all your friends are.

I would really ask these boys yourself if they like you or not. You seem to going off the word of friends or what some other people say. Just don't assume "signals" or "signs" mean the boys like you. Ask them!

"Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity." -Albert Einstein

Posts: 18 | From: Atlanta, GA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 49815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SidonieAdena     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly, my advice is don't worry about it. I didn't get my first boyfriend until I was nearly 16, and I've had several since then. Your love life at 13 isn't necessarily indicative of your love life later--in fact, it often isn't!

I mean, I have friends who are in their early 20s and still haven't found anyone. They're attractive, smart, funny, caring people. They just haven't found someone yet who they click with. And that's fine.

At any rate, I don't think that it means that you're becoming one of the guys. I would, however, ask them yourself rather than going off third-party information.

Posts: 22 | From: Earth | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.