Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » he is breaking my heart

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: he is breaking my heart
badgercat12
Neophyte
Member # 50143

Icon 1 posted      Profile for badgercat12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my bf of 18 months and I split up in october, got back together briefly, and split up again. At first he was texting me all the time telling me he missed me. I ended up at his house one night and we had sex, the whole time him telling me he loved me and didn't want to lose me. The next day was fine...I was confused. I missed him so much I asked if it meant we were back together and he said "We'll see" he stopped texting me as much. I thought I was pregnant, I was vomiting in the early mornings and my period was late. I took a test and thank god I wasn't! And we started talking again. My dad got surgery and then the surgeons told us he might have bone marrow cancer, the whole time my ex was bitching to me about his day but didn't ask once how my dad was doing. I flipped out, I was so mad at everyone he happened to be the first person to get the wrath of it. I told him I just wanted to know if we could ever get back together like he said we would, because I felt like my heart was breaking every time I didn't get an answer. He told me I was nothing to him. I called him and apologized and apologized. We met up in the field where we had our first kiss and he held me as I cried about being worried about my dad. He told me he wouldn't let me feel alone.I felt so vunerable and alone that he invited me over to his house later that week and we watched movies and I talked about my dad and how he was doing...I felt like the whole world was crashing on me and he was the one person who understood..and we ended up making out on his coach, where again he told me he loved me. The next morning he sends me a bunch of texts saying how he shouldn't have done that. He was the one that made me sit next to him on the sofa, that got me talking , held me as I cried, that kissed me first
The next day he told me...
He said he wanted to go on a date with this other girl but now he felt guilty and wouldn't go. I called him up on the phone crying and he said "We shall see what happens pretend last night never did though" But I cant! I still love him and I want somebody there in my life who knows what i'm going through. His dad died of the same thing and I just wanted a friend who knew how this all felt, but every time I try and talk to him he smacks in(metaphorically) in the face. He promised me he wouldn't be seeing other girls because he was just too busy with school...I feel like I can't trust him or anything he says...but all I want to do is talk about two nights ago. I want to talk to him about what he went through and about us, but I'm never getting an answer. And don't you know this boy is breaking a broken heart?

Posts: 29 | From: Philadelphia | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
badgercat12
Neophyte
Member # 50143

Icon 1 posted      Profile for badgercat12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somebody please tell me what do. I don't know anymore.
Posts: 29 | From: Philadelphia | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael.RN
Activist
Member # 49692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael.RN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you need to focus your attention on yourself for a little bit. Once you are stable and your life is more stable, then would be a good time to work with that guy. But that guy doesnt sound like the nicest person. Take time and create some distance between the two of you. If you still feel that you still love him after a few weeks, they maybe think about talking with him again. But from my experience, once a relationship is ended, it should stay ended. They tend not to work!! thats just from my personal experience! hope this helps!!
Posts: 42 | From: va | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paloma Negra
Neophyte
Member # 50120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paloma Negra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DUMP HIM!!! He obviously doesn't know he's got a good thing and he is not worth all the crying you've been doing. I get he's the "only" one who gets you, but if anyone tells you that they love you then take it back a day later has issues. Forgive the brashness but as a 23 year old who's been there, I wouldn't want any girl to have their world revolve around a guy who takes her for granted. Good luck.
Posts: 1 | From: Texas | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Britster
Activist
Member # 48970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Britster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You need to look out for your own emotional health, not the health of the relationship which is technically over. It would be better to concentrate on dealing with your worries over your dad's health and your own self-esteem, not on trying to fix this relationship. It takes two to fix it, and even if you were able to fix it, your life won't magically go right- the other problems will still be there. And frankly, he doesn't seem to want to have a relationship with you again- in fact, it seems that he is taking advantage of your vulnerability. Maybe you got used to depending on him during the relationship, but now you have to stand strong.

Exes are exes for a reason. If those reasons haven't changed, don't even bother with him. You're better off without that stress and weight on you.

Posts: 89 | From: United States | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.