Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Is something wrong with me.?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is something wrong with me.?
June Speard
Neophyte
Member # 49899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for June Speard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I's something wrong with me? i Never has a Boyfriend a First Kiss and im still a Virgin. and im 21 -_-
i mean im not a bad person im quiet but with freinds im a bit louder. im not rude, i have morals..
and i am not bad looking either. but no guy has ever asked me out. -_- is there something im doing wrong. and when a guy does start to talk to me my mom starts freaking and makes me get away from them. what do i do? is there something im doing to make them not like me. i mean all my guy freinds think i am great but wouldnt date me. -_- am i gunna be a guys freinds only....

--------------------
Love AND Peace <3

Posts: 8 | From: hollywood | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Britster
Activist
Member # 48970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Britster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There isn't a particular age for first kisses and sex. Many people in their twenties have not experienced that yet, and that's okay. If you feel yourself to be different because of it, you could feel pressured into situations- such as experiencing a first kiss for the purpose of experiencing it rather than as an expression of emotional/physical connection. And it is not something that gives personal value. Attention from guys, boyfriends, kisses, and sex cannot validate you or give you personal value and you are not worth less because you have yet to experience those things.
Posts: 89 | From: United States | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
May Day
Activist
Member # 39174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for May Day     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi June,

First thing, are you comfortable with talking to your mum about why she reacts so negatively when you talk to boys? do you think you'd be able to have a conversation with her about your need for her to trust you? Definitely, parents can be over-protective, and if you two have a good relationship i suggest you try and open up communications this issue, i don't think it's fair for your mum to control who you can or can't talk to.

Secondly, there is NOTHING wrong with with being 21 and not experienced kissing, or dating or sex. nothing at all. There's no check list that you have to mark off by a certain age, it's all about what and when things feel right for you. Try not to let the age thing bother you, I'm 21 too and my friends, who are a range of ages, have a range of experiences.

Thirdly, if you're interested in dating, how about you pick a friend or aquaintance you find fun and interesting and ask them out for coffee? or something, whatever you like. You don't need to wait for a guy to ask you out, in my experience both young men and women get kinda nervous about doing that.

Posts: 172 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
June Speard
Neophyte
Member # 49899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for June Speard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes im very comfortable talking my my mom i talked to her about it tons of times and the same thing comes up. im not ready cuz she says so. but yes your right i'm going to ask a friend out i feel like if i dont do it now im going to be single for eva lol thank you all for your responses ;D

--------------------
Love AND Peace <3

Posts: 8 | From: hollywood | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.