Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Dating younger men

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dating younger men
milewaddraben
Neophyte
Member # 49783

Icon 5 posted      Profile for milewaddraben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,
I was just wondering if there was anyone else on here who was dating a younger guy. I don't know anyone personally, and I just kinda wanted to share experiences.

Posts: 5 | From: Philadelphia | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mortality
Activist
Member # 35831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mortality     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dated a guy who was 9 months younger than me, does that count as dating a younger guy? xD
Posts: 122 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
milewaddraben
Neophyte
Member # 49783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for milewaddraben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haha well of course. I am currently dating a guy 2 years and eleven months younger than me.
Posts: 5 | From: Philadelphia | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mortality
Activist
Member # 35831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mortality     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't really count the guy I was dating as younger since we were classmates in high school... His ex was five years older though. Not sure if that helps you any ^^
Posts: 122 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desmadroza10
Neophyte
Member # 47916

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desmadroza10     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was with a guy that was two years younger than me. I actually have a son by him. He is not in the picture anymore, but I was with him for two years.
Posts: 12 | From: In La La Land | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
milewaddraben
Neophyte
Member # 49783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for milewaddraben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was it hard? It was kinda hard for me at first, so much that I rejected him the first few times.
swingsets
Neophyte
Member # 95110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swingsets     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm not dating him or anything, but I've been "talking" to someone 3 years younger than me (I'm in my mid-twenties) for a few months now. There's a pretty big gap in maturity for sure, which is exacerbated by the nature of his job (he's a professional athlete...entitled, cocky, and all of that).

The only weirdness I'm really finding regarding the age difference stems from me feeling like he's had more life experience than I have and the fact that he's really financially secure where I am not (I'm still looking for a job after graduating last May from a master's program); it's a little depressing. So yeah, that's my situation.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SilverLining
Activist
Member # 72701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SilverLining     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lol, my current girlfriend is 4 years older than me (I'm 16, she's 20) and she said no the first time when I asked her to be my girlfriend and then she said yes.

--------------------
SilverLining 2012

Posts: 97 | From: Lost along in the Caribbean... | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.