Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Closet member of your family

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Closet member of your family
Member # 49208

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After thinking about the different relationships I have with family members, it made me wonder who people are closet to in their families. So who are you closet to?

For me, it's my grandmother. I have always been close to her, but over the last 2-3 years we've become extremely close. The older I get the closer we get. We can talk about almost anything. She had to deal with similar situations as I have had to deal with (only mine have been much worse). She didn't know what to do back then and still doesn't, but it helps that she listens to me. She's the only person that really understands me. I can't go a day without seeing her.. good thing she only lives a couple houses up from me!! We're so close that I can basically read her mind and do things before she even goes to do them. She truely is my best friend.

Posts: 28 | From: DC | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 48877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DreamCatches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's really sweet!!! I used to be extremely close to my grandmother too. I even chose to stay with her in Louisiana while the rest of my family moved to Kansas. I miss her terribly though, she died when I was 13 and I haven't felt any other relationship with my family as closely.

When I was younger I was also really close to my sister. She's a year younger than me, so we always had the same friends, etc. She was more like my best friend than a sister and I looked up to her even though she was younger. People are really surprised that we can be so close since most people think of siblings as always arguing or fighting, etc. My relationship has gotten really strained with her in the past few years though due to just life in general (me going away to college and getting a boyfriend, and her things). I'm working on trying to get us closer. :-)

[ 11-08-2010, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: DreamCatches ]

Think of me, when you're out, when you're out there...

Posts: 34 | From: Georgia | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.