Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » why won't he try to have sex with me?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: why won't he try to have sex with me?
Member # 49315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sallysmith2323233     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've been dating for almost 4 months, we see each other pretty much every other day. I'm 20 and he's 27. We will make out, and get really intense, but it never gets past third base! What the hell? It's like he would rather dry hump than have sex! Am I going to have to just come out and tell him I want to have sex? I don't see how much more obvious I can make it, and it's obvious he's into it because he get's "hard" when we are makeing out, but he never try's to have actual sex with me. Also,
he used to live with his ex girlfriend, so i'm pretty sure they had sex and he's NOT a virgin. What is the deal?

Posts: 1 | From: alachua | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you two talked about sex at all? That's really the only way to figure out what each of you want and where to go from here.

This article might help you start the conversation:
Be a Blabbermouth! The Whats, Whys and Hows of Talking About Sex With a Partner

Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 49104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lucidkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe he is afraid of moving to fast for you? And you know sally WHY don't YOU take the initiative next time [Wink] , it's not against the law you know?
Posts: 84 | From: baltimore,maryland | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 49208

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's good he's not trying to have sex with you. I've never liked when guys move too fast. It shows that he cares about you and isn't just interested in sex. My boyfriend didn't try it until I brought it up. For it to happen, I had to be completely comfortable. Maybe that's what your boyfriend is doing. Talk to him about it.
Posts: 28 | From: DC | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.