Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » feeling frustrated with family

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: feeling frustrated with family
runner123
Neophyte
Member # 44500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for runner123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My boyfriend and I have been dating for over a year now, i'm 16 and he's almost 18. It's a fantastic and caring relationship and everything is going well. The only problem is.. my family likes him (he's a great guy) but they are very strict and my dad seems to view him as a threat. We were caught at my house with no one home a few weeks ago and it kind of solidified my parents' idea that we're having sex. I'm just feeling really frustrated because even though my mom isn't opposed to it, we still have to sneak around in order to make love.

is there any way i can talk to my mom about this? i don't want to have to lie/sneak around/feel guilty about having sex with him.

Posts: 15 | From: Kansas | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natalie H
Activist
Member # 48229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natalie H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you know your mother better than anyone on the message boards, so only you can really know how to talk to her. You say she isn't opposed to you and your boyfriend having sex? That's a whole lot closer than a lot of other kids in your situation. If you know your mother isn't opposed to it, than that would make it all the easier to broach the subject.

I think if and when you talk to your mother you should act like a mature adult making a mature decision. Comfort her in the fact that you'll take precaution and remind her how good of a guy your boyfriend is, basically just try to quell any fears that most parents have about their kids having sex. Be honest and upfront with her about it, that's really the only way to go about these things.

--------------------
Bicycle? I prefer a homocycle.

Posts: 118 | From: Houston | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucidkitty
Activist
Member # 49104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lucidkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talk to her....sometimes that can really help thaw the ice with your parents, and make them realize you are a mature young woman [Smile] .
Posts: 84 | From: baltimore,maryland | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.