Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Friend having trouble orgasming

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Friend having trouble orgasming
Kath
Neophyte
Member # 48639

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kath     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure if this is in the right area, but I thought I'd put it here because it doesn't involve me really.

So this male friend of mine and I are very close. He is in a monogamous relationship at the moment that isn't exactly smooth sailing. I'm a little worried about his sex life, which sounds like I'm prying but he's told me these things with hardly any prompting from me, I'm like his sounding board for his thoughts or something lol.

Anyway, he told me recently that he has no trouble orgasming when he's on his own, but during any kind of partnered sex, he has never orgasmed. He's had two sexual partners. The first girl he had sex with he thought it was because he didn't really have any feelings for her, but he has the same problem with his girlfriend now too, regardless of the problems they're having or not having at the time. He thought it was because of the way he was masturbating, but he's 'corrected it' (his words) and nothing has changed.

I've heard of men who have been sexually assaulted, and they sometimes orgasm despite it being a highly traumatic experience. So is this an uncommon problem? It's not something I've heard of before in men, and I do a lot of reading about sexuality.

Posts: 20 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.