Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » is this right or wrong? what should i do?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: is this right or wrong? what should i do?
loveyoumake
Activist
Member # 41194

Icon 5 posted      Profile for loveyoumake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone!

I am currently house sitting for this couple that is away on vacation, I've known them for a few years and I actually did the same thing for them last year. Last year they told me that I could have people over to use their pool and they also made mention that my boyfriend could stay over. They seem like pretty "new age" people in the mind set that they are ok with a significant other staying over while no one else is there- something that I think "older folks" might not be too keen on. Having said this, they didn't mention anything about anyone coming over or my boyfriend staying the night. The thing is, my boyfriend is coming up my way tomorrow because he needs to do a mandatory test for college, is it bad if I let him stay the night tomorrow night? I don't know what to do because they said it was ok last year and they only said that all they care about is their pets being taken care of and they trust me with that.

My boyfriend even said he'd sleep in his car. I don't know what to do, I'm kind of afraid of what the neighbors will think (that is if they even see my boyfriend at the house) please help!!! Thank y!ou

Posts: 113 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natalie H
Activist
Member # 48229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natalie H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well last year did you take advantage of them allowing people over? And if so do you think you took too much advantage, thus changing their mind about giving you the privilege? Have you done anything since last year that could have changed their minds about it?

--------------------
Bicycle? I prefer a homocycle.

Posts: 118 | From: Houston | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loveyoumake
Activist
Member # 41194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for loveyoumake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Natalie,

Thank you for the response [Smile] and to answer your questions, no, I did not do anything last year that would have made them change their minds. Actually, last year I was working while I was taking care of their dogs and so I therefore didn't have any friends over. I had my boyfriend over last year for the day and we swam in their pool and then went back to my actual house and went to a carnival that night. He went back to where he is from, he lives about 2 hours away, and so he therefore didn't stay over even though they said it was ok if he did.

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, they seemed kind of scatter brained this year (they didn't leave certain things out and they only left me a couple things to eat even though I stay at their home during the day and over night and am doing this for a week, just like last year.

Do you think it would be ok to have my guy stay over? We are actually even thinking of going out in my car because I can fold down the back seats and we may sleep there, a new experience, right?? Haha I don't know. Thanks in advance! [Smile]

Posts: 113 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natalie H
Activist
Member # 48229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natalie H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I, personally, think that it'd be safe to have him over. You seem responsible and they said it's be fine last year, maybe they didn't mention it this year because they were busy, or maybe because they thought since you didn't really do much last year it didn't need to be mentioned. I'm sure it'd be ok.
The car idea sounds fun. One night me and my boyfriend snuck out and spent the whole night in his car, parked at the dead end of a very deserted side road where no one would bother us. It was nice.

--------------------
Bicycle? I prefer a homocycle.

Posts: 118 | From: Houston | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loveyoumake
Activist
Member # 41194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for loveyoumake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you so much [Smile] and the more I think about it, the more the car idea sounds like fun. We have a place where we can keep his car, that isn't in the driveway of the people I'm house-sitting for, so no on will know he is even there. The pets that I'm caring for get up fairly early before anyone else in the neighborhood does, so we could get back into the house early before anyone would see that we slept in the car. At least if anyone did find out, it wasn't like we stayed in their house without permission! [Smile] thank you!!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.