Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Is this love??!?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is this love??!?
Sk8r4evr
Neophyte
Member # 48102

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Sk8r4evr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok so I just started high school. There is this boy, I have known him sence 5th grade. We went out for a little while until the end of summer because we were going to diffrent middle schools. Well ever sence then I cannot get my mind. Off of him. I have felt this way about no one else. So I need some help. Could this be my first love? How can I display I like him? How do I flirt? And how can I try and make a move to kiss him?

--------------------
Amazingly me

Posts: 25 | From: United States of America | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devanie
Activist
Member # 46095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Devanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Sk8r4evr, please try not to double(or triple) post. It clogs up the message board and is kind of annoying.

You might be experiencing attraction towards him, yes, but whether you define it as love or not is your own personal opinion.

Flirting and the like differ from person to person. I generally just try to talk to the person and express interest in learning about them. But you might have a different style, and the person you're crushing on might pick up on different cues. Really, there's no set method that always works, and you just have to go with the flow.

And as for kissing... make sure he has an interest in you first. After that, it'll either come naturally or you can ask permission. Just like flirting, a first kiss varies from partner to partner.

Posts: 116 | From: SL | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Devanie, it was most likely a computer glitch. It happens from time to time. [Smile] )

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devanie
Activist
Member # 46095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Devanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Oh! Okay. =) I totally understand. Sorry if I came off as rude!)
Posts: 116 | From: SL | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.