Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Girlfriend dreams of sex with my friend.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Girlfriend dreams of sex with my friend.....
JordanGM
Neophyte
Member # 47733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JordanGM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night my girlfriend told me she had a dream that she had sex with one of my good friends.. She told me in her dream it was "gross" but I think she's just saying that so I don't get worried..

I know she doesn't choose her dreams but it still bugs me so much.. My friend works out a lot and trains a lot and all that so I guess he's pretty built.. a few months ago we had a little thing at my school and there was a dunk tank, and my gf and her friend kept bugging my friend (the one in the dream) to go in the tank, and as a joke I said "You just wanna check him out without a shirt on eh?" and apparently I was right..

I know she's still gonna find other guys attractive, and I know my friend would never do anything with my girlfriend, but it still pisses me off..

I don't know what to think of this.. every time we're gonna have sex now I always think she'll be picturing my friend or something.

[ 07-24-2010, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: JordanGM ]

Posts: 20 | From: Ontario | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mma
Activist
Member # 47280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the thing about dreams is, it's the unconscious mind. That means there's no rational basis for the things that appear in our dreams. Sometimes it makes sense that things that have been dominant in our life will appear in our dreams; when I'm crazy busy at work, my mind continues to process what I've been doing and I might dream about being saddled with some ridiculous project that'll keep me at work all night, etc. Other times, weird things get cobbled together. For example, if after work I went to dinner at a Mexican restaurant, and our waiter had on a t-shirt with a rat on it, I might dream that my office-mate went to Mexico and was chased by rats who wanted to eat her. So you see how the brain takes odd disparate bits from different parts of my day and juxtaposes them?

I'm pretty sure I've had a dream identical to what you described before, right down to calling it "gross", and it was years ago and my husband and I are still happily married. I can't even remember who the dream was about, let alone spend my time thinking of that person during sex!

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. Also, I know you can't help your feelings, and if you're pissed off, you're pissed off, but keep in mind that you are responsible for your feelings, not her, and *especially* you should not take this out on her for something that her unconscious mind essentially doodled on the paper of her dreaming while she was not even conscious.

[ 07-24-2010, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: mma ]

--------------------
http://www.safeplace.org

1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
http://www.ndvh.org

Posts: 116 | From: Texas | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JordanGM
Neophyte
Member # 47733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JordanGM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks.. I feel a lot better about it now. I was worried that she might have some attraction or something to that guy, but I guess not.
Posts: 20 | From: Ontario | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.