Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Rainy Day Dates

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rainy Day Dates
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Recently, we've been having pretty crummy weather where I live. And so I came to realize that although we have plenty of threads on date ideas, what about dates for rainy days?

Got any good ideas that you did/do/would do on a date with a partner if outside activities weren't an option? Share it with us!

My boyfriend and I tend to sit and snuggle under a blanket and watch a movie on those cold winter evenings, and in the summer we generally play video games and drink ice-cold smoothies together.

How about you guys? [Big Grin]

[ 06-06-2010, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Onionpie ]

Posts: 1298 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bun Bun
Activist
Member # 37353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bun Bun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The weather here has been HORRIBLE lately, so this is definitely applicable to me [Smile]

Every Friday night (especially when the weather is crappy) my boyfriend and I love to make dinner together. There's nothing better than won ton soup when it's cold outside! The other night we experimented and tried it with turkey instead of pork. Yum!! Along with cooking together, baking is also a great idea. I love to make homemade bread, and it's always great to have someone give you a hand.

We definitely watch movies quite a lot, but another fun thing to do when the weather sucks is board games! I love love love Scrabble, and if you have more people, Cranium is possibly the funnest game ever!

One of our favourite things to do too is to read together. Separate books, obviously XD We curl up on the couch with tea or hot chocolate and our books.

Posts: 206 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Curling up on the couch, each with a book, is awesome, but my partner and I read to each other, too. We take turns picking books and doing the reading (he's great at making up a different voice for each character and so usually he reads the fiction, whereas I prefer to read the non-fiction stuff aloud). Crossword puzzles are really good too, and we're big fans of jigsaw puzzles as well - there's usually one taking up most of the space on our coffee table when we're living in the same place.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5730 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parapluie
Neophyte
Member # 43325

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Parapluie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weather here is terrible as well, and I see we're all from Canada, lol. [Razz] I'm almost convinced that it will never stop raining!

On bad weather days, my boyfriend and I watch the Food Network like crazy and pretty much drool for hours! It's a good way to get ideas for home cooked dinners! We also watch movies, Disney movies are some of our favourites.
We go online and look for new bands as well, and we listen to music and snuggle.

--------------------
"The truth of all predictions is always in your hands."

Posts: 38 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Animica
Activist
Member # 44734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Animica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems like weather is crummy everywhere! Where I live, the weather's been changing constantly...from sunny to rainy and back to sunny. Problem is, the temperatures ranges from de 80s to the 100s all day and the heat can be horrible when paired up with high humidity.

Anyway, to the point. [Razz]
I'd say it's always fun to take a walk under the rain, getting soaked and everything. It's quite refreshing! Taking a warm bath with your partner (if you're up for it) sounds great to me, too. Also, if I had a place of my own and were living with my boyfriend, I'd probably decide to turn off all the lights and cuddle somewhere talking and listening to the rain, and maybe make some hot chocolate, too.

Posts: 132 | From: La La Land | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.