Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Do you tell your crushes?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do you tell your crushes?
TheTasteOfPurple
Activist
Member # 43186

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheTasteOfPurple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you have a crush on someone, do you let that person know? Do you have any sort of policy or rules of thumb for whether and when you tell them? Do you prefer to tell them in person, or via the phone or a text-based medium, or even through a mutual friend?

I usually don't tell somebody I'm crushing on them until at least a month after I start developing romantic feelings for that person. That's not a conscious policy, though, just more of a "moment-feeling-right" intuitive thing. I prefer to tell my crushes through some sort of text-based medium initially, because that way I feel like I have plenty of time to sort out my thoughts and decide on the words I want to use (mostly just because I'm a very word-oriented person) and then continue talking about what we each want out of our relationship in person, over the phone and through the 'net.

--------------------
Julia

The highest result of education is tolerance. -Helen Keller

Posts: 50 | From: Halfway down the California coast | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desperateloner
Neophyte
Member # 47469

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desperateloner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can relate to you deeply. I have asked people out via facebook and phone. I have found out that is the easiest way to ask someone out but also the least successful. Being a guy a also know we love girls who arnt afraid to ask a girl out. We are as afraid as you are. In person is the best way because you cant hear the emotion behind the txt. It is also harder to say no in person and the guy will probobly give you a chance. Hope I helped. If you have any questions email me or message me.

--------------------
Dan the man

Posts: 4 | From: Portland | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Love to love
Activist
Member # 45991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Love to love     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess it just depends on the situation. I remember in high school I used to text my crushes and flirt, and if they flirted back or made the first 'I'm crushing on you text' then ya I would do that. I don't think I told many boys when I liked them in person... I think it was mostly through text or FB. But when I started dating my boyfriend I was just so comfortable around him, and knew that something would become of us that I ust talked about my feelings in person, and so did he.

It was really cute how shy and nervous he got when he asked me to be official. [Smile] <3

Posts: 115 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.