Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Ex-b/fs, Guys who "love" me & I fancy my teacher

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ex-b/fs, Guys who "love" me & I fancy my teacher
Aqlexd
Activist
Member # 46705

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Aqlexd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to be going out with this guy, Dan, & I fully admit how I got to be going out with him was not the best way (I took him off my best friend :/) so anyway long story short we broke up & I really still like him even though we had a bad relationship (he cheated on me more than once & I self-harmed a lot over him) & I recently started talking to a guy from his school, G, now G says he loves me & we've done a bit but a friend from primary, T, says he loves me too. & we've kissed a few times but I don't trust him and now I really fancy my teacher... & my flirting was paying off... & now I have no idea what on earth to do with T or G & I'd love for Dan just to talk to me & my friends' are all getting annoyed with my self-harming & I just want it all to be sorted out without me trying to kill myself again.javascript:void(0) [Confused] [Confused]

--------------------
Aqlexd

Posts: 49 | From: Wales, United Kingdom, Europe | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be perfectly honest: none of these guys sound like they're great people to be in a romantic and/or sexual relationship with. (And, if you've got this much going on, it might be a really good time to take a break from dating altogether for awhile.) One thing that is absolutely not okay is your teacher showing any romantic interest in you - he is in a position of authority and that needs to remain a purely student-teacher relationship.

Have you thought about getting counselling around the self-harming and these relationship issues?

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aqlexd
Activist
Member # 46705

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aqlexd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have thought about it but my parents are against the idea (I live in very rural Wales, the nearest place for counselling is about 17/18 miles away) so I have no way of getting there.

--------------------
Aqlexd

Posts: 49 | From: Wales, United Kingdom, Europe | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eryn_smiles         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have a counsellor, social worker or nurse who works for your school? Maybe you could even have a word to your GP about the self-harming, if you felt comfortable with them?

--------------------
"Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation and that is an act of political warfare."

Audre Lorde

Posts: 1326 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aqlexd
Activist
Member # 46705

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aqlexd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, we share one nurse with about another 10+ schools in the county. My GP knows about the self-harming but he cannot do anything about it, only refer me to the clinic in the hospital.

--------------------
Aqlexd

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.