Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Need help with my best friend.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need help with my best friend.
Alice Cheshire
Neophyte
Member # 45853

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alice Cheshire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I find myself extremely confused.
This guy I am interested in being with has been my best friend for about 6 years ago. Thought out our friendship we have always had a problem of never being single at the same time. Iíve always loved him.

We didnít talk for about two years as he was with a crazy *insert mean words* that said I wasnít allowed to hug him or talk to him without her involved. I got to a point where I couldnít stand it anymore and we stopped talking for a while.

We started talking the day he broke up with her. He messaged saying ďI just broke up with her. I missed you. How are you doing?Ē So I let him come over and we hung out for a while.

At this point he was single and I was not. The next week my boyfriend and I had got in a bad fight and I left him.

So my best friend asked me if I wanted to come up to his house for a few days and take a break. I agreed and went up there. We did end up having sex for the first time.

I thought everything was really good but after I went home he stopped talking to me. He hasnít answered my calls or messages.

His roommates and friends even drove me crazy the whole time I was up there, that there was a good collage I could transfer to up the street. They bitched every time he walked out of ear shot that I should move up there.
Iím not sure what happened.
[Confused]
I keep feeling like I did something wrong.

Posts: 1 | From: Wonderland | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robot_on_fire
Activist
Member # 45735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robot_on_fire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mmm maybe he's just confused about what happened. Just as you are.

give him some time. As heather always says "sex tends to change relationship, and how two people feel towards each other"

it sounds like the sex was unexpected, so there are possibly a lot of questions running through his head like:

"where do you guys go from here"
"what does this mean for your friendship"
"was what you did right in the long term."

so maybe give him some space. Leave him a message letting him know that you would really like to talk to him and if it bothers you, but at the same time tell him that you are giving him time and space to think about what happened and when he's ready you would like to know how he feels.

Posts: 92 | From: las vegas | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.