Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » my friend and her guy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: my friend and her guy
hannah89
Neophyte
Member # 45702

Icon 4 posted      Profile for hannah89         Edit/Delete Post 
My friend is dating this guy in our class that almost everyone thinks is mean, ugly, fat, cheats on his homework, and does nasty things. I mean we are not that old, but not kids. He has had over 20 girlfriends and I have met them all some way. I go to private school and people ask if i know him, so ya. I think he is bad and she has become the same way. He isn't a virgin either!!! How can I (or someone else) get them to stop??!! [Smile]

[ 02-07-2010, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: hannah89 ]

Posts: 7 | From: Missouri | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Love-Life
Activist
Member # 37952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Love-Life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Hannah.

First, I just want to mention that I don't really feel that his looks, weight, or whether he is a virgin or not has much to do with this problem.

Would you mind trying to describe what you are worried about in regards to your friend without calling him names? Maybe pick out specific instances where you have witnessed him do something that made you uncomfortable with him? Or why you think he is "bad"?

From personal experience, schools can be nasty in the way of rumors, so try to keep that in mind when you say things like "almost everyone thinks."

Also, have you spoken to your friend about this? What does she think of your disapproval? Sadly, in these types of situations, we can't force our friends to do anything so it's best to try to be as supportive as possible while letting her know why you are concerned in the nicest way you can.

--------------------
There is an upside to everything, sometimes you just have to turn it upside down to find it.

:-) Vikki (-:

Posts: 153 | From: British Columbia | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.