Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Confusing Relationship Situation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Confusing Relationship Situation
LolACat
Neophyte
Member # 43406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LolACat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, I met this guy at my friend's party, and our "relationship" is odd I'm not even sure whether to call it a friendship. We started talking online because my friend started to like him and I was gonna help her by finding out if he felt the same way. Unfortunately I never really found out and she stopped liking him after a while but ever since then, we've been talking online every day/night for sometimes hours and we talk about everything, I feel really close to him emotionally in ways I'm not with any other friends even ones I talk to a lot online and I like him as more than a friend, I can't get him out of my head but I'm not sure if he feels the same way. Every time we have come close to hanging out in real life, something has come up for me and while that usually sends a signal that someone isn't interested, I really am! We don't really have a group of mutual friends except for the friend I mentioned earlier (who makes fun of me for liking him), and it would probably be awkward to meet up in person alone.

Sorry if that didn't make sense I can clarify if necessary. Can anyone give me advice about what to do here please?
thank you so much

Posts: 1 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theta
Neophyte
Member # 43634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Theta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Be mega blunt. Tell him how you feel and if he feels the same, great! If not, well you tried.
Posts: 7 | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with theta. If you tell him, and he reciprocates, then how awesome is that! And if he doesn't and he's a nice guy (which I'm sure he is, if you like him so much and feel so close to him!) then he's not going to be nasty about it, and it shouldn't ruin the friendship you have going. Good luck [Smile]
Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoulfulBrownEyez
Neophyte
Member # 43667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoulfulBrownEyez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If your friend makes fun of you for liking someone, ignore them. I have been through the same thing so I know hwo you feel. But i followed my own advice, talk to the guy and make him understand why you can't show up, but that you are interested in him. Continue to talk to him and send him hints that you are still interested though. Don't seem desparate as smothering him might turn him off. If in the end he only wants to be friend, then keep him as a friend, but if he wants more than a friendship then go rigth ahead my friend! [Razz]

Sign,

SoulfulBrownEyez

--------------------
I am the person to talk to if you feel as though no one else hears you. I am a greater listener and I speak my mind expressively. I am a person who is fun-loving and will give respect despite how you treat me.

Posts: 2 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.