Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » confused

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: confused
Neophyte
Member # 40496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 931     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it's been several months since my girlfriend of a year and a half and I broke up. i only have a few months before i graduate high school. i'm lucky that im very busy with activities and things in and out of school, but occasionally i find myself feeling really depressed and im not really sure how to make things better for myself. i feel really unsure of who i am and find myself questioning whether the reason my relationship ended was because of me. i guess after going through my first relationship ending, i don't feel a lot of self esteem, and while i do have good friends and family, i sometimes feel very alone. I'm worried that thinking this way will ruin my experiences as i head off to college, but also affect the way I am now. i was just wondering if you have any ideas about how i can feel better. thanks.
Posts: 36 | From: California | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smokey
Activist
Member # 39760

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smokey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey 931... I replied to a few of your posts earlier... all I can think to suggest is that time is what you need. One and a half years is a long time when you are young... from what you describe and given it has lasted a few months, it might be worthwhile going to a counsellor to see if they can give you some strategies and get to the bottom of what's really going on. I'm sorry i couldn't be of more help
Posts: 92 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.