Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » kissing?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: kissing?
Member # 42162

Icon 5 posted      Profile for GooGooGrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This might be kind of an odd question, guys like kissing? I mean, I'm sure they like it, but it seems like they like "more advanced" stuff more, and like they just consider kissing to be a precursor to other stuff. So I guess my question is, do guys like kissing by itself?
Posts: 1 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 40892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WarwickKid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well for me it depends if im going out with the girl or not, and if I am going out with her how long I've been going out with her for.

I usually don't mind just kissing with my gf until she's ready to go further. But if she's not afraid to go further or its just me and a friend messing around, I'll usually try to go as far as I can until they say no to something I try.

But when I makeout with a girl I usually like to feel around if you catch my drift

Posts: 24 | From: Copiague | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 39760

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smokey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have heard a few people say that they find kissing more intimate than other sexual acts... I imagine it's personal preference more than anything. To me, kissing seems like something comforting... just like something that can go naturally with snuggling with my significant other... but that's just my opinion and I'm going to stress that.
Posts: 92 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 39976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dundeedufc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love kissing! : ) I think it may stem from when my girlfriend and I first started kissing, they were always pecks goodbye. Now we just kiss and nothing else. It just represents a large connection and perhaps neither of us feel like going further at that moment. Although, I'd have to say that our kissing almost always leads to something else, but I wouldn't mind just kissing.

"I was nauseous and tingly all over. I was either in love or I had smallpox."
Woody Allen

Posts: 39 | From: Iowa | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a reminder? No gender is monolithic. In other words, just being male or just being female does not tend to have anything to do with these preferences.

It's also perhaps worth noting that it's tough to generalize about liking ANY given activity, because they tend to vary a lot depending on who you're doing them with, and what the unique dynamics present at any given time are. I mean, there are, for instance, kisses, and then there are kisses. [Smile] One given bunch of kissing can be totally ho-hum while another makes your knees buckle.

Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 35485

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnailShells     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting topic [Smile]

If you've got the time and the curiousity, this is a really cool article about the science behind kissing:

I thought it was fascinating, and there's a bit in there about the differences a study found in male and female kissing. Happy reading [Big Grin]

I thank God I was raised Catholic, so sex will always be dirty. --John Waters

Posts: 206 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.