Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » foster home

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: foster home
dudewheresmypipe420
Neophyte
Member # 27700

Icon 5 posted      Profile for dudewheresmypipe420     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well I dont know who to ask and i guess ill ask you guys i have a big problem with pot and someone i know wants me to go into a foster home because my mom doesnt care that i smoke pot and we dont have that type of relationship for her to help me out and she rarely talks to me and i live out in a trailer by myself i just wanted to know should i go into a foster home? please help me out
Posts: 7 | From: cottonwood | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Foster care and rehab are two VERY different things.

Besids the fact that you can't self-place into foster care (DCFS would have to do that, after determining that your parent wasn't fit in the courts), many foster homes are really not great environments.

Rehab is more what you're looking towards if you have a drug problem you cannot control and you are not finding help at home.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dudewheresmypipe420
Neophyte
Member # 27700

Icon 10 posted      Profile for dudewheresmypipe420     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ya but i cant just go into a rehab and say im addicted to marijuana theyll kick me out and my mom wont do anything about it how would i get myself in a rehab for that stuff
Posts: 7 | From: cottonwood | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, actually, they won't. Marijuana can become addictive, and any rehab center will know that.

Where I'd suggest you start is with your guidance counselor or school nurse: they can help connect you to the right services.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dudewheresmypipe420
Neophyte
Member # 27700

Icon 10 posted      Profile for dudewheresmypipe420     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i know im 15 but i dont go to school right now should i look in the yellow pages?
Heather
Member # 3

Actually, legally, you need to be enrolled in school at 15.

If your parent also does not enforce this, nor will intervene with a drug problem, then to be frank, she is NOT doing her duty as a parent, and I *would* suggest you call your local department of children and family services for aid. Your local police department can connect you.

dudewheresmypipe420
Neophyte
Member # 27700

thank you so much yea child welfare has been on my *** but sorta hard to get to school when youve been kicked out of it but i am trying to get into independent study thanks a lot ill call social services and try to get my life on track

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.