Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Prank callling while PMSing and cursed out

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Prank callling while PMSing and cursed out
Insecure-Poetry
Neophyte
Member # 41113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insecure-Poetry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I prank called this one guy, I'll refer to him as Jefferey.....

Well in the prank call I said something teasing him in a mildly explicit manner. I even used a deep voice, so it was an obvious joke. Well Jeffrey found out, and then called my friend's cell about thirty min. later thinking it was mine. i'm pretty sure jeffrey was calling to either curse me out or shout at me. So I'm glad my friend missed the call.

The next day I was in the parking lot after school with my other friend and she went up to him...

She asked Jefferey if he had received a weird voice mail last night, he said he had. Than it proceeded to get bad...

"I know it was f***ing her, SHE IS SUCH A WEIRDO CREEPER. I am never f***ing talking to her or f***ing touching her ever again! F*** her!"

It's not like we were friends or like Jefferey talked touched me at all. It's just, he's a year older than me, and has a bit more control over everything than I do.

I DID used to like Jeffrey, but the guy I like now is two years older than me and they're friends.

I'm going to call him tonight because I'm afraid my reputation will be over. Except the whole reason I did the call in the first place was because I was PMSing, and that would be the forgiveable truth. But I don't want to just say "I'm sorry, I was PMSing..." That's be awkward, because he's like, a guy.

What should I tell him?

--------------------
Inazuma-Desu @ deviantart
Poet
Psuedonym- Ice Taktgeber

Posts: 8 | From: Nevada | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let it go.

I'll be frank, PMSing is not and excuse for any sort of behavior. Unless you have a diagnosed illness that causes you to lose control of your emotions, you always have choices and control of what you do. Let's be honest: you did something pretty silly and immature, and there really is no excuse for that. It just wasn't the smartest decision, and it obviously irritated him quite a bit.

So, for everyone's sake, let it blow over and leave it. He's not a close friend, and chances are trying to do anything more with it will make things worse. And in case this isn't obvious, I wouldn't suggest doing it again.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In addition to what Abbie said, I'd remember to not be too hard on yourself. Everyone does things they really wish they hadn't. I know I've done my fair share of embarrassing and immature things, especially in high school. There are a lot of things I've said or done to people in the past that I really wish I could take back. You learn from your mistakes, though, and you work to improve so that next time you don't do the same thing. Yeah, the aftermath does suck a whole lot, but eventually it blows over.

The important thing, though, is to own up to it. As Abbie said, PMS is no excuse. It's tempting to try and find an excuse for our actions in order to avoid some of the repercussions, but in the end it only makes people look at you in a bad light. If you own up to your mistakes, admit that you did something wrong, apologize for it, and not try to create excuses for it, people are likely to be more forgiving and accepting than if you try to blame it on something or someone else.

I think we also live in a society where it's thought that certain things we do, especially electronically, don't have 'real world' repercussions, but that's just not true. What you write on someone's Myspace or Facebook or say on their voicemail does carry over into your nonvirtual life and can carry some big consequences. So when you do those things, I think it's important to remember that a real person will be reading or hearing it and they will be responding to it.

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insecure-Poetry
Neophyte
Member # 41113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insecure-Poetry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, I'm going to the movies tonight, but I think I'll just call him before, aknowledge the fact that I did something stupid and ask maturely for forgiveness

--------------------
Inazuma-Desu @ deviantart
Poet
Psuedonym- Ice Taktgeber

Posts: 8 | From: Nevada | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You may try that, though as Abbie said, it might be best to just leave it alone. Or, at the least, to give it a rest for a few days. If you do call him, understand that he may still be upset with you even after you apologize. That may suck, and you may feel foolish or angry having tried to apologize but getting that apology rejected, but in the end, it is going to be up to him whether or not he's willing to accept your apology and let things go. An apology is always good, but it's not a magic wand and can't make the other party no longer upset. This may just be one of those things that evaporates with time.

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.