Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » 'Why do you love me?'

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 'Why do you love me?'
smokey
Activist
Member # 39760

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smokey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey all... I'm not really insecure about this, but just wanting some thoughts on what's going on...

I ask my boyfriend why he loves me... and his response is 'I just do'...

There's nothing wrong with that response is there? As in, it's possible to just have no idea why you're in love with someone ... isn't it?

Posts: 92 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thehiddenone
Activist
Member # 39654

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thehiddenone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No the isn't anything wrong with that respose. Because as you said sometimes you just don't KNOW why you're in love. You just are. If you really don't like the awnser ask him what he means by it because it confused you. But no i don't see anything wrong with his awnser it's a very tough question.

Megan xx

Posts: 108 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
earthtobellax
Neophyte
Member # 40220

Icon 1 posted      Profile for earthtobellax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you ever considered that he could've said that because there's not just a single thing that he loves about you, but so many different wonderful things about you that he can't just sum it all up? [Smile]

A lot of the times people don't sit there and think of reasons why they love someone; they just do. And they know they feel a certain way, and they label it love, because what they feel they consider to be love.

Posts: 14 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unknown J
Neophyte
Member # 40535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Unknown J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well me and my girl freind ask frequently and it comes out as i just do but when we go deeper we say that because words really don"t describe how we feel so i think its fine
Posts: 3 | From: usa | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paper towel
Activist
Member # 39124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paper towel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm trying to delete this message, but my computer won't let me...

[ 10-08-2008, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: paper towel ]

Posts: 52 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hollie5626
Neophyte
Member # 35451

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hollie5626     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeh, its hard for me to explain why I love my boyfriend. I try, and do a pretty good job I reckon, and so does he for me, but there aren't any words to fully explain it properly.

Quite a bit we sometimes think about stuff like "Would we have still fallen in love if...", or "Do you love me more only because..." or "Would we still be so close if..." Not that we're insecure about our relationship either. I guess we just like analysing (over analysing maybe) stuff. Fact is we love each other more then anything in the world, who knows what circumstances made that happen. We just do.

Posts: 22 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.