Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » More Then Young Love??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: More Then Young Love??
PinkSweetHeart
Neophyte
Member # 39220

Icon 5 posted      Profile for PinkSweetHeart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im 14.And my boyfriend is 15.We have ben daiting for about 3 years now, We have had our rough times!But last summer we stoped daiting..and then got back together..And im so glad we did.We dont argue like we did..."we dont act like kids anymore"
Im in love!He says he is to=] He says all the time that we are gonna get married...and basically have our life dreams planned out. [Smile]
Nothing has really ever seperated us since we met 4/5 years ago.
We have talked about many things with each other...Like Sex.Which we both know we are not ready for!But we did start things such as Fingering...and Here and there a Handjob...
Could this be more then just young love??
Or am i really stupid for thinking that this will later be more.
I always see on tv and stuff of how people/couples like me and my boyfriend will get married..but it just ends in Flames:(
My boyfriend makes me feel awesome.Like im perfect just the way i am...And i feel like nothing can touch me when im with him...We make eachother feel like that.
Please tell me what you think.

Posts: 5 | From: - | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No matter what age people are or how much they love each other, that doesn't mean a given relationship -- or a certain kind of relationship -- with someone will turn into marriage or last a lifetime. There are a lot of different circumstances where that just doesn't happen, including the fact that we all change as we grow, no matter our age, and sometimes, those changes don't mesh so well with another person over time.

But a relationship does not have to last any given amount of time to have value. A relationship or interpersonal exchange that lasts even just a few days or an evening can be life-altering and valuable.

While it's normal for really young people to fantasize about adult life a lot, that doesn't always equal reality (in fact, far more often than not, it does not). But that's okay. Even if eventually things do change, and the plans you two have now don't come to fruition and that's sad or disappointing, it's not really a valid measure of love or how important a relationship is.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PinkSweetHeart
Neophyte
Member # 39220

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PinkSweetHeart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks=]
For now..I think ill just enjoy what i got..and maybe it will take me somewhere in the future:)

Posts: 5 | From: - | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Exactly.

Because you know, if you're not enjoying and appreciating it for what it is now, in the now, then even if it does go on for decades, they probably won't be very good ones. [Smile]

And enjoying and appreciating it for what it is now, rather than getting caught up in possible futures also probably makes it a lot more likely that it WILL last, and last as something great.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.