Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » How Do You Know?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How Do You Know?
PureCuriosity
Neophyte
Member # 39126

Icon 12 posted      Profile for PureCuriosity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been talking to a guy for about 3 months now and only about a month ago did we decide to start dating to see where it takes us. We're not official or boyfriend/girlfriend or anything, just testing the waters to see whether we want to go to that level or not.
I already know he does, he's expressed it to me in various ways. But I'm not sure if I do yet. I like him a lot, I care about him so much and he makes me smile...but I still find myself being indecisive when it comes to going to that next level. One day I'm ready to say "Yes, I want to be with you" and the next day I'm like "I'm not sure...not yet." I don't want to string him along and I don't think I am, I just want to know how I'll know when it's right. I know he won't wait forever and it's not right to expect him to, I just want to do what's best for me. It's so easy for me to think I want someone or that I love someone just to find out I don't and I don't want to do that to him...but I also don't want to get hurt or repeat mistakes from past relationships.
Is there an article or checklist that can help me make the right decision for myself about this??

Posts: 29 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it's often like that in the beginning of a relationship. It's normal not to be sure about whether or not you want a serious relationship with that guy or just want to stay friends or else. It takes time to figure that out and I don't see any rush.

So, how about taking things slow ? If you are interested in maybe dating him, how about doing that, going out with him and getting to know him better ? You'll for sure figure out at some point or another throughout the course of dating whether or not that is really what you want.

Too, it would be a great idea to have a talk with that guy about your feelings and his, too.

I'm afraid I don't know of any checklist though, I think you'll just have to go with your feelings, but maybe another volunteer or user could point you towards one. [Smile]

[ 07-07-2008, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.