Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Confusing Boy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Confusing Boy
bixit91
Neophyte
Member # 38487

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bixit91     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Realised it sounded sooo confusing so i will edit it by putting in fake names
O.K well i met this boy, Will a couple of times through my friend and the first time I met him i could jus tell straight away that he liked me by the way that he looked at me - i cant explain it but there was just something.
N then the next time i saw Will (last week) he and his two friends took me and my friend home 2 the bus stop and Will held me for ages until our bus came.
Then his best frend, James was flirting with me and so i asked James if he liked me BUT Will said 'Yes' instead which was reli good until i ruined it by saying 'i wasnt talkin 2 u' which sounded reli rude.
The problem is that James likes me as well and while Will was holding me James kissed me which made it reli awkward - (bt i told James that i dnt c him in that way - so im nt leadin him on or anything).
Now i speak to his James most days on msn and sumtimes on the fone but we are ONLY frends nd he knows tht.
Thing is the Will hardly makes any effort with me, dosnt call me, acts reli strange on msn and on the phone. He knows that I like him too but now it seems like he doesnt even care.
James says that that is just the way Will is but why wld he make some effort then stop all of a sudden?
I'm seeing Will and James on Friday along with all their other friends and two of mine - but i don't know what to do/ how to react please help - i like him loads!!! [Frown]

[ 07-01-2008, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: bixit91 ]

--------------------
xxxxx uhuh xxxxx

Posts: 11 | From: London | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bixit91
Neophyte
Member # 38487

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bixit91     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
please will sum1 say smthg

--------------------
xxxxx uhuh xxxxx

Posts: 11 | From: London | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jase Watson
Activist
Member # 39090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jase Watson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds to me that possibly he was offeneded by what you said. I think the best thing you could do is call him and say "Look. I want to talk to you. That day at the bus stop when you were holding me, I really enjoyed it. It felt nice to be held by you. I didnīt mean to come across rude. I was just a little shy and didnīt want to reveal the fact that I liked you. The truth is, I really like you, and I would love nothing more than for you to hold me again." Then see what he says, you donīt have to make him ask you out or anything, just let him know that youīd like it if he would participate more at showing wethere he likes you or not.

--------------------
- Jase Watson

Posts: 58 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bixit91
Neophyte
Member # 38487

I suppose - but is it such a good idea to express my feelings so openly like that - it will hurt really bad if i get rejected.

--------------------
xxxxx uhuh xxxxx

Jase Watson
Activist
Member # 39090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jase Watson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If he knows that he likes you, and he isnīt making much of an effort, but you havenīt heard of him going after other girls, then thereīs a possibility that he just doesnīt understand how much you like him. If you feel uncomfortable with that, perhaps ask the friend of ihs that kissed you to talk to him and drop a couple hints? But personally, if I were you, Iīd rather do it myself, because involving someone else might complicate things, as in a bad way. They might say things you donīt mean, etc.

--------------------
- Jase Watson

Posts: 58 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey bixit. You don't have to let out all of your feelings to him at once. That can be difficult for some people, and if you aren't ready to do that then you don't have to. However, beating around the bush and playing games isn't so great either as it tends to just create a lot of confusion. Perhaps you could try talking to Will and tell him that you would like to get to know him better, or ask him if he'd like to hang out with just you sometime. It might also help to apologize if you came off as a little rude.

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.