Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » fwb to just friends

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: fwb to just friends
sarahwashere87
Neophyte
Member # 37807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sarahwashere87     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So my friends with benefits type relationship thing just kind of blew up in my face last night. After a two hour phone call (we both went home for the summer so we hadn't seen i other in a month) where we decided that because of his strong desire to get back w/ his gf was going to make our relationship no longer possible the way it was, we decided that we would go back to being "just friends". I respect his choice, but I'm worried about what our relationship will be like when we both get back to school. I'm a little bit hurt (my own fault i knew the risks going into this), but I feel like I can move past that. I'm more worried about how comfortable we'll be around each other. Any advice or suggestions from anyone whose been in this situation would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Sarah

Posts: 22 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Considering your feelings now, your FWB relationship was a little more romantic than casual for you.

I'd say take the summer to cool off. Then don't see him at all, even at school. You're too fresh out of this arrangement to be friends, and that'll just mess with your head and mess with his relationship.

It's best for you both to be apart completely. I wouldn't rush into dating or another FWB just yet, either.

--------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jase Watson
Activist
Member # 39090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jase Watson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I totally agree with Gumdrop Girl. Just take the summer to go out with other friends, have fun. Go somewhere that makes you happy. The beach (if you can), the pool, a park, local hangout spot. But, please, call him one last time and let him know that your not mad at him or avoiding him, just let him know that you need some space, and that he probably needs some space with his new g/f, that way if you decided to try a friendshup again, he doesn┤t go off on you, thinking you hated him / were mad at him / etc.

--------------------
- Jase Watson

Posts: 58 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarahwashere87
Neophyte
Member # 37807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sarahwashere87     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I didn't talk to him for a week, but he texted me last night wanted to know how my fourth of July was, that kind of stuff. I was feeling ok talking to him, but then he sent me a text that was like "me and my girl freind, and my freinds" and I felt like he was just rubbing things in my face. Later last night I sent him a text telling him how crappy that made me feel, but I'm not sure if he got it, b/c he never responded. Now I'm not sure what to do. We have some mutual friends at school so I don't want to start a full blow fight, but I also feel like he should know how much what he said hurt.
-Sarah

Posts: 22 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.