Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Easily aroused

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Easily aroused
trbewick
Neophyte
Member # 38587

Icon 5 posted      Profile for trbewick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't really sure where to post this, so here goes.
I get sexually aroused REALLY easily. It could be something as simple as seeing my gf stretch the right way, and I'd get an erection. And this usually happens when there are other people around, so its really embarassing. I'm so thankful that I havent been seen, but I'm afraid that it's gonna happen sometime.
Can anyone give me tips on how to keep myself under control?

Posts: 10 | From: California | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I happen to have a partner who is almost exactly the same way. And to be honest, the bigger the deal you make of it, the more often it will happen.

It is, very much, a mind-over-body thing. If you notice and fret and worry when it happens, you're body is going to get the best of you. If you notice it, discreetly adjust yourself, and ignore it, you're probably going to notice that it happens less often or goes away more quickly than if you freak out.

If it ever happens again, avoid focusing on it. If you need to, be discreet in adjusting yourself, maybe wear a longer shirt to cover the fly area of your pants.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chae
Neophyte
Member # 38986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chae     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That happens to my best friend all the time too. He says he just tries to think of anything unsexual to distract himself and turn himself off.

~ Chae

Posts: 17 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trbewick
Neophyte
Member # 38587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trbewick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Abbie and Chae. This will really help during those "public" instances.

--------------------
Uhh... Something good, something good, something good... You look like Snoopy and it makes me smile.

Posts: 10 | From: California | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PinkSweetHeart
Neophyte
Member # 39220

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PinkSweetHeart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lol..Your just like my boyfriend:) He just wears long Shirts so he can cover up the fly area of his pants...tho.I can always tell when he has one...but im pretty sure other ppl dont:P
Posts: 5 | From: - | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hollie5626
Neophyte
Member # 35451

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hollie5626     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When my boyfriend gets an erection at an inappropriate time he is usually able to discreetly tuck it to the side, sort of flat against his leg. It only goes to the left though, not to the right. I don't know if every guys penis can do that though.

Or you could do what Ron Burgundy did in Anchorman and say that its just an optical illusion caused by the pleats on his pants - and that he's taking the pants back to the store right now because they're not very flattering in the crotchal region...back to the pants store [Smile]

Posts: 22 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T-Drew
Neophyte
Member # 39249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for T-Drew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's not abnormal for that to happen, man. Turnons are turnons. Oh, and before Superbad ever came out, I discovered a little trick. If you wear loose-fitting pants and are big enough, tuck your erection up into your waistband of your pants. (Unless you have your shirt tucked in, belt, yadda yada). There are a lot of things that can ruin it, but it works if your erection is simply too long and straight to stick down the pants leg.
Posts: 7 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hot Knives//Bright Eyes
Neophyte
Member # 39503

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hot Knives//Bright Eyes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One phrase:
'Dead puppies.'
My friend said that when he and his girlfriend were hanging out and heard the parents come down and BAM.
They both looked down and it was GONE.
It's like magic. >_>'

--------------------
[Yeah they take you. Seperate you. And they rape you if you ever wonder why, why!]

Posts: 3 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.