Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Relationship, or lack thereof

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Relationship, or lack thereof
Walk
Neophyte
Member # 38814

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Walk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright, let me start by telling you a little bit about myself. I'm 16 years old, going into my senior year of high school next year.I have a speech impediment, stuttering, and I have a sort of complex about it. I'm a virgin, and really haven't ever had a serious relationship (Hell, I haven't even ever kissed a girl).

The whole story starts the first day I started working. My sister and me are very close, and are really good friends. She is the person who got me my job. The first day working there, I saw a girl, and my jaw almost dropped. The girl is probably the most beautiful girl I have ever seen, including in movies, and everything else..

It took me about a month to finally tell my sister that I thought this girl was cute. She did the little matchmaker thing and told her that I liked her. I found out her name, and some things about her. She happened to be 19, which is 3 years older than me. She also had a boyfriend at the time.

Over the course of about 6 months, I started getting REALLY attached to this girl. She had no idea I even really liked her past the point of thinking she was attractive.

By some miracle, she got my number and texted me one day out of the blue (it had something to do with needing me to pick up a shift at work). I instantly got butterflies the moment i read (Hey, this is Kaitlin...)

I ended up taking advantage of the fact that I had her number. I started to text her a little bit every now and then, just nice things like hope you're having a good day, or goodnight.. things like that.

I tend to get really emo at night, when the full gravity of being alone sets in (I know, odd for a 16 year old) and I ended up texting her some pretty intense things, asking her if she had any feelings for me.. She said oh you're a great guy and everything, but I have a boyfriend. I still want to be friends though blah blah blah

I took this as it was, and ended up not really talking to her past the point of hi at work... but I ended up finding out I still had feelings for her.

Now, it just so happens that her boyfriend of almost 2 years broke up with her recently. I confronted her about it, and she said she didn't see any chance of getting back together happening. I thought, what a good chance.

I texted her last night. I asked her if she thought I was attractive, because I don't think I am. She never sent a reply, or a reply to my "goodnight" that I sent her. I am afraid I have made her mad, and that she won't want to be anything more then friends again.

Sorry for the whole book, just so confused about what to do. We flirt all the time at work but she never acts like she's interested when I text her outside of work.

Any advice will help. Thanks for reading ^_^
-Walk

Posts: 1 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hollie5626
Neophyte
Member # 35451

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hollie5626     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well if this girl has just broken up with her boyfriend that shes been with for two years, then chances are shes really hurting right now and probably is going to need a bit of time (maybe a lot of time) before shes ready for another relationship. So I would probably back off a bit as far as making advances towards her is concerned. I reckon the best thing you can do right now is just be there for her as a friend, and don't put her on the spot about her feelings towards you. Just be friendly towards her, let her know that you care about her, and maybe further down the track a relationships might develop. Hope that helps.
Posts: 22 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, keep in mind what you may be perceiving as flirting may or may not be intended that way.

Otherwise, I second everything Hollie said. Just because someone's single doesn't mean that they want to be in a relationship.

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.