Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Birthday Gift

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Birthday Gift
Member # 29242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScarcelyHeard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I have known each other since September and have been dating since March. He turns 20 in June. Right now, he is on the other side of the country, working with his dad. I want to send him a little something... nothing too big or else I won't be able to afford to send it! I'm making him a birthday card... I looked up "Happy Birthday" in binary because he's a computer science major. I'm not sure what else to throw in with the card.

He loves bowling, hockey and music
A gift card is out of the question... he's not a shopper!
I gave him a stuffed animal, wrote him a letter, and gave him some pictures of us when he left.

I just don't know what else that I can buy or make that will brighten up his day. He's not very materialistic [Razz]

I'll continue to search the forum... over 100 results came up [Razz] I was just wondering if someone can help me speed up the process.

Posts: 80 | From: Canada's East Coast | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bun Bun
Member # 37353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bun Bun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If he likes music, mix tapes are always good [Smile] Plus, CDs are small, so it's easy to pack it in with a card. I'm unsure of your talents, but if you're musically inclined, you could even send him a tape of you singing him a song- perhaps Happy birthday! It would be pretty interesting if you could somehow sing that in binary [Razz]

As for bowling... If you want to send something REALLY cute, cut out 10 pin shaped pieces of paper (keep it small) and use folded paper to make little stands for them. Then send that, along with a marble. Instant mini bowling set!

Maybe something a little more practical would be a calling card that he could use to call you long distance?

Anyways, I'm sure that there's tons you could do! Just don't do it all, or you may not have any ideas left for his next birthday [Razz]

Posts: 206 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, in the FAQ at the top of the page, we've got a whole list of threads about gift ideas. Check it out!

Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.