Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » I want to hear YOUR stories

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I want to hear YOUR stories
a0231
Activist
Member # 35379

Icon 10 posted      Profile for a0231     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in a relationship with little to no real "problems." We are 100% honest with each other. We hide nothing. Our communication is absolutlely flawless...most of the time. Very rarely does miscommunication occur. We don't have real "fights," maybe small arguments once in a blue moon. We're crazy in love, head over heels, and going 2 years strong, planning daily to see eterninty together. I go to sleep thinking about him and wake up thinking about him. Sometimes I even CRY when I THINK about him because the way I feel for him is so intense. We waited a little more than a year to have actual intercourse and don't even think of it as doing "it," we think of it as "making love." It's special, beautiful, and honest. I want to spend the rest of my life with this guy and it makes me dizzy with excitement. We live about one hour apart but I truly believe the distance makes us stronger and more in love. I think it makes us realize what we've got and don't take a second for granted. He's my world. Don't get me wrong, I have my priorities in order and so does he, but at the end of the day, it's simply "us," and nothing else matters. It seems perfect.

I want to hear your stories. Who else feels this way? What do you think is the most special aspect of your relationship?

Posts: 104 | From: College | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is an excellent topic. [Smile]

The most special aspect of my relationship is our determination to make it work and to not let the little stuff get in the way. It makes life a whole lot easier, I think.

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aimalicious
Activist
Member # 34100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aimalicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a very similar relationship =)
We're young. 17 and 18.
going on 15 months. And none of that on and off stuff. Together the whole time.
We have never had a legitimate fight either. Just small arguments.
Although, our communication is a bit complicated.
He's only 20 minutes away. We go to school together. I am his first everything.
We're in love also. And i tell him EVERYTHING! We dont lie to eachother.

But i know how you feel.
And im glad that someone else is having a very happy and similar relationship as well =)

Posts: 144 | From: MA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OnceOnABlueMoon
Activist
Member # 33148

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OnceOnABlueMoon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am about to celebrate (like about a week off to be persnickity about it) my two year anniversary. I am 21, he is a little less than a month shy of 20. He has done many good things for me, strengthening my faith, offering a shoulder to cry on, trusting me enough to let me see his tears and hear his greatest fears. We communicate pretty well I think and although we have had our share of sometimes pretty intense fighting, we never have never given up on each other, we work it out. He's proposed to me twice, but can't afford a ring. We just want to be finished with our college careers and married. Just a few weeks ago we had intercourse for the first time and I have never felt so close to him.

Whenever we have to part, going back to our separate colleges, two hours apart, I feel like I'm missing part of myself. I can't wait until we can be living together freely and we won't have to part like that anymore.

Excellent post ao231...a breath of fresh air! Good to hear that happiness is not a fluke!!

Posts: 48 | From: North of Hell South of Paradise | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
a0231
Activist
Member # 35379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for a0231     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aww these stories make me smile. [Smile]

The absolute worst thing ever is when he leaves me to go back home and vice versa. I don't think I've ever NOT cried even one time. Regardless of if I will see him the next week, I still feel like, "Well, here goes half of my sanity, half of my soul...again..."

Heh. Keep the good stuff comin! It's so nice to talk about good relationships. My roommate has been going through a breakup for a month or so now [yes, a month. you read that right] and it's SO DEPRESSING...I just need to hear other people's GOOD stories for a change! [Smile]

Posts: 104 | From: College | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lalalovet.
Neophyte
Member # 15108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lalalovet.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in love, too!

We've been together for two years this Sunday. We are head over heels in love with each other. He is a freshman in college and I'm a Junior in high school. I haven never felt this way about anyone before. We have an amazing relationship and we can't wait until I'm in college so we can have an apartment together. We have never had a huge fight, just stupid ones that are resolved quickly. I love him so much

Oh, I love being in love :]

Posts: 8 | From: Massachusetts, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hollie5626
Neophyte
Member # 35451

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hollie5626     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love hearing about stuff like this cause it makes me so happy to know that other poeple are so happy just like I am. I met my boyfriend when I was 8 years old and we'd always been really friendly towards each other, but now I'm 16 and hes 18 and we've been together for just over 2 years and I love him more then anything in the world. We tell each other everything and I feel so lucky to have someone who knows me so well and who will always be there to love me an support me. Even though we're still young and we don't know what we really want to do with our lives I feel like nothing bad can even happy as long as I've got him by my side.

The best part of our relationship is how we...get each other, I guess. Like when we're apart I think of so much stuff that I only wont to tell him, and see so much stuff that I wish I could share with him. We talk about the tiniest little things and have so much fun together whereas if I tried to have the same conversation with someone else they'd think I was weird, or the conversation definately wouldn't go anywhere. Nothing in life is half as much fun unless I've got him there with me. We'd be lost without each other.

Posts: 22 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mimble
Activist
Member # 35859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mimble     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me and my boyfriend are going to have our one month anniversary (which I know is far off from the rest of the people posting here), but it couldn't have been better. He is my antithesis and we have virtually nothing in common. But he has taught me a totally different side of life and I'm really enjoying it. I am totally into school and working hard and he has coaxed me into having more fun and freedom.
Posts: 56 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.