Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » why won't he just come talk to me?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: why won't he just come talk to me?
Guudy
Neophyte
Member # 35761

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guudy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
l've seen all the signs to know that he likes me but its been almost 2yrs now and he hasn't approached me yet....wats up with that? [Frown]
Posts: 11 | From: illinios | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASargent42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, have you tried talking to him?

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Posts: 1152 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guudy
Neophyte
Member # 35761

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guudy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
am not realli that brave....n l believe in guys approching girls rather....so u'd know if he wants u that much
Posts: 11 | From: illinios | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lexie
Activist
Member # 29769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lexie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe he's not that brave either. And if neither of you do anything, maybe nothing will ever happen and you will regret it?
Sounds like you want this to happen, it couldn't hurt to make a little effort, and let him know you might be interested.
Why don't you believe in girls approaching guys?

Posts: 76 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASargent42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tend to lean towards the 'tradition' myself. I wouldn't dream of asking a guy out, but i believe that is because i am really shy. HOWEVER, I am not shy about just going up to someone and talking. Maybe he doesn't know you like him too. Perhaps if you went up, and initiate a friendship, then he might make a move for something more.

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Posts: 1152 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guudy
Neophyte
Member # 35761

to lexie.....l don't believe in approaching or asking a guy out on a date cos to me l think most guys r down for anything and if he doesn't make an effort to approach u first then how will u know wats realli going on INSIDE him?....not sure if am making sense but with this guy, if he comes up n talk to me then l know he wants it bad enough.....i guess......to asargent42....l'll think about doing that
saguy
Neophyte
Member # 32916

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This pisses me off. No offence, but it's attitudes like this that keep me down in the dating world.

I suffer from anxiety, especially around girls I find attractive. I have never approached a girl because I literally start shaking when I think about doing it. I have also never been approached, and it's probably due to selfish attitudes like believing that because I'm the guy, I have to approach.

If you like the guy, wtf is wrong with you approaching him? Get off your high horse and do something about it. If he really does like you, it could be something special and you may be rescuing him from a dark place.

Posts: 35 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[saguy, I totally understand where you're coming from, given all the stuff you've discussed in previous threads- but please do try to keep a good attitude in your posts, even if you're upset, okay? [Smile] ]

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guudy
Neophyte
Member # 35761

hmmmmm l guess l needed a comment like saguy's to realli push me....u're totally right
Guudy
Neophyte
Member # 35761

we had this thing going....where he'd come to where am studying n sit infront of me:on the chair a few feet away....point is he always sits facing me.......coupla wks ago l started looking at him...so he'd see me doing so......l couldn't go talk to him then cos l was srsly shy but now he doesn't come sit there anymore.......he sits so far away n not even close to where am @......wft?...is he like not into me anymore?....just when l've decided to go talk to him.......now l have no clue as to wat to do
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
go talk to him. seek him out and talk to him.

the guy's given you countless opportunities to approach him. he sits near you. he looks at you, and by golly, you don't do a dang thing!!!

if i were him, i'd have given up ages ago. looks like he's going to if you don't step up right now and talk to him.

--------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.