Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Canadian Laws for 16yr old

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Canadian Laws for 16yr old
Member # 25039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glad2getanswerz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want to move out.
I'm 16 but i also want to continue my education.
Do canadian laws allow a 16 year old to legally enroll themselves in school?

Posts: 30 | From: calgary,alberta,canada | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faifai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Canadian emancipation law in Alberta seems to indicate that you need to turn 18 or be emancipated by the courts in order to move out - until the age of 18, you are your parents' responsibility.

Is there anything going on at home that's making you want to move out? You're welcome to talk about it here if you like.

[ 09-02-2007, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: faifai ]

disconnect and let me drift/until my upside down is right side *in*

Posts: 640 | From: The Valley of the Sun, AZ, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

  New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3