Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » i dont know what to do! i really miss him!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i dont know what to do! i really miss him!
crazychicky
Activist
Member # 34607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazychicky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
right now my boyfriend is in AZ with an old friend of his. at first i wasnt ok with him goin out there bcuz the friend is not only a girl but his frist gf that cheated on him.

well im over that but i havnt talked to him in almost a week. nothing! not even a text, and we are the type of people that at least call or text just to see how each other are doing.

well im getting really bummed about it cuz i was in AZ for a week right before him. so i havent seen him in almost 2 weeks. while i was in AZ i went to call him one time and later that nite he said that his friend would get mad ever time the phone went off even if it wasnt me! so now im afraid to call or text him! but i really wanna to talk to him.

should i just wait til he comes home to talk to him or should i still try and text him?

i really miss him and want him home so the days seem to go by really really slowly. is there anything i can do to keep my mind off it?
im trying to do things that could help but i seem to finish everything faster than i think so i end up doing most of the stuff i write down to do in one day!

please help im not sure what do to!

ps. i would go out with friends but most of my friends go to school far away so most have started to travel back to school and i havent made a lot of friends at my new school! so i dont know wat do to! [Frown]

Posts: 46 | From: california | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He's YOUR partner. If YOU want to talk to him, call him.

I find this "my friend wil get mad if the phone rings" to be a little fishy. Scratch that. REALLY fishy. I smell a rat here. I am not sure why anyone would get angry if the phone rings; you have every right to call your boyfriend to see how he's doing and keep in touch until he gets back. His friend has no right to dictate who he talks to while he's away.

With that said, though, that fact that your boyfriend isn't saying "Listen, she's my girlfriend and I'd like to keep in touch with her while I'm away" to his friend is a bit of a red flag, too.

It can be hard when a partner is away to keep yourself busy, but do the best you can. Rest easy knowing that he will be back. Don't force activities on yourself to pass the time, but do keep yourself occupied. It's a little silly, but when I find myself missing someone, I clean. I am a neatfreak by nature, and cleaning keeps me busy and helps me relax some. Plus, it's fun going through your room and finding old stuff you didn't remember you had.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.