Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » a cute

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: a cute
soccerjen2927
Neophyte
Member # 23591

Icon 5 posted      Profile for soccerjen2927     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I had this thing for my bestfriend's brother- aged 19-for a while(which my Best friend was okay with) and while it didn't evolve into a real relationship he was my first kiss. Since then I've moved on to other guys and relationships, but for some reason I can't get over him. When I see a romantic part in a movie or book I think of kissing him(even when I was dating someone else)and I have no clue how to get him out of my head.I even sort of compare him to other guys! The fact that I still see him often because he's my bestfriends brother doesn't help or that he was the best kisser I've ever had!

It wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that I know he's not boyfriend material. He has many good qualities(very loyal to his family) but mainly he's a jerk(I think its mostly him being immature-no excuse though! I know this, his sisters know this but I can't forget him. Any ideas?

Posts: 13 | From: United States, Tennessee | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SleepyFox
Neophyte
Member # 34239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SleepyFox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He was your first kiss and you gave yourself to him and it's natural to feel that way. As you get older, he'll fade from your memory, but he will always be in your mind.

--------------------
Non ducor duco

Posts: 27 | From: Florida | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It takes time to forget about people -- you can't just remove your experiences with him from you brain after all. It sounds like you're pretty clear on your feelings for him so I don't see any harm in thinking of him. But since it's bothering you have tried substituting other things when you do think of him? Perhaps the next time you run across a romantic scene you could make a conscious effort to think of someone more appealing?

As far as comparing him to other people goes, I actually think that's a good thing. You're applying what you learned from your relationship with him to potential future relationships. What's the point of learning that you dislike X but enjoy Y if you don't act on it?

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soccerjen2927
Neophyte
Member # 23591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soccerjen2927     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks I'll have to try doing that next time
Posts: 13 | From: United States, Tennessee | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.