Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » She's too sexy...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: She's too sexy...
HumanTeddyBear
Neophyte
Member # 34046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HumanTeddyBear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, so the whole dating thing didn't work out between us. She asked me to take a deep long look at our friendship over the years and I realized that we are like brother and sister. She then displayed a show of tough love saying that she won't fully trust me until I get over her but to still call her if I was hurting. Needless to say, under such circumstances I got over farily quickly.

However, there is still one problem. She's downright sexy and she knows it. She doesn't dress modestly either. I still have a few lustful thoughts about her on occasion. It doesn't bother me too much when I'm with her and we're hanging out, laughing, enjoying each other's company, and occasionally hugging or cuddling. But then if I'm home by myself one night with nothin but facebook pics of her in short shorts and on the beach in a bikini...enough said.

Is this a problem? Could this be a problem? If so, what do i do about it?

Posts: 28 | From: DC | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, when we're attracted strongly to someone, they could be wearing a trash bag and we're often going to find them sexy.

I'm hearing a lot of what sounds like putting this on her, when really, it's about YOUR attraction. And certainly, we can still feel attraction to people, but yet choose to behave in whatever ways around them which they are most comfortable with.

She's asking not to date you, and for you not to pursue that. Doesn't sound to me like she's asking -- nor would it be fair to ask of you -- for you to somehow miraculously change that you find her attractive.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HumanTeddyBear
Neophyte
Member # 34046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HumanTeddyBear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very well said!

I just got back from hangin out with her a little while ago and things are finally back to normal between us! I'm so happy!

You're right, I now understand how this is not a problem at all.

Posts: 28 | From: DC | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.